Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 2 4.08%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 1 2.04%
5 0 0%
6 4 8.16%
7 5 10.20%
8 5 10.20%
9 14 28.57%
10 18 36.73%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-07-2003, 01:23 AM   #16
Elizabeth Rocks!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by elijah77jc
i totally disagree

lonely man was just a fun song they threw in at the end that doesn't really make sense......unless someone could explain it to me

but i thought this cd was awful when i first heard it! i have no idea how this happens but i lput it away for a couple of months and then tried it again and was BLOWN AWAY! this is officially the best cd i own!

10!!!!!!

this cd is a cry from the very hearts of the group saying that all they want is Jesus and nothing else. i still get goosebumps everytime i hear ocean floor and speak to me. and i LOVE rejoice and you still amaze me. this entire cd is awesome. i guess what made me fall in love with it was the fact that i saw them perform almost the entire cd on their lift tour

i haven't heard the new cd yet but this in my opinion is audio a's best album ever.
i totally disagree!

it's crap.

<marquee bgcolor="white">[size=]Aussies on CGR: Me, Beanie, living for God, Coldtoedpunker, reags, b_hoves, tellii, Dj MeZ'nJaH, comeback2morrow, peg, ICTHUS, J.C. Freak, Seraph_princess, and joshhem, pm me if I've left anyone out![/size]</marquee>

Awesome People, visit their blogs:
IndoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 07-05-2003, 10:15 PM   #17
Audio A fan

Some people complian whenever Audio A does slow songs, but I can't see why. The reason why they do some slow songs is so that your focus is on God completely and totally, making a more powerfull worshipfull atmosphere when you listen. I mean, can anyone really imagine "Pirced" or "Ocean Floor", with faster more aggressive guitar chords or drum beats? Besides, there ARE some faster songs, like "You Still Amaze Me, Alive, and Summertime" on the cd.
Lift scores a 9 and 7/9ths. The only reason why I don't give it a ten is because of "Lonly Man". Why ruin such a great cd with such a dumb and meaningless song?
Unread 07-17-2003, 01:02 PM   #18
Yellow is stupid.

Send a message via AIM to God's Jedi Send a message via MSN to God's Jedi
JesusFreakHideout gave this a perfect score for very good reason: it is simply perfect. Every song is great, annd they all go together very well.
Let those who worship evil's might
Beware my power...
Green Lantern's light.
God's Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2003, 08:19 AM   #19

This cd really grows on you over time. It marks the beginning of the new worshipy sound. My favorites on it were: Beautiful, Rejoice, Glory, and Lonely Man (T-Bone is an awesome rapper). I'd never heard AudioA go rapcore. hahahaha...

www.ilikeskateboarding.com

royalruckusfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2003, 01:14 AM   #20

Cool ROCKIN DUDE!

This CD is fantastic! Not as good as Worldwide maybe, but still a 10/10 album. And AudioA can compete with dc talk, and they come out on top! No other band is quite as good as Audio Adrenaline. Anyone who says 'Lonely Man' is meaningless obviously can't read, because the lyrics are inside the front cover, and it is all about gambling. There are rarely songs that are meaningless, you just have to listen to the words and think about what they mean.

P.S. How come so many words in people's comments have simple spelling mistakes in them? Is it because you're Americans? (i.e. you spell colour- color, honour- honor, plough-plow etc. You seem to have an intense dislike of the letter 'U'.).
SAKilgour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2004, 07:19 PM   #21
lift

underdog was a great album. i reccomend every one to buy it. one of the best cds of all time. lift, is way better. to the person who said that lift is one of those cds that just speaks to you in all the songs, i couldnt have said it better. jfh gave five stars for a reson, it is the best. how could you say that audio adrenaline went on a downward spiral with this album!?!? are you deaf!?!?!?!?! this is a masterpiece. it won best rock album of the year for a reason, cause it is the best rock album of ALL time. thank you goodnight.
Unread 02-28-2004, 03:36 PM   #22
The Alaskan

it's okay. The worship stuff's good, but i've heard better. Summertime and Lonely Man are awesome, I wish Audio A did more hard stuff like that. The rest of the cd's kinda bland, like some other guy said, nothing really stands out.
Jimvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2004, 07:25 AM   #23
The Smart Guy

Send a message via AIM to Brian-Alexander Send a message via MSN to Brian-Alexander Send a message via Yahoo to Brian-Alexander Send a message via Skype™ to Brian-Alexander
this is one of thier worst cd's ever. i don't like it, but all the other stuff by them is great
Unread 07-18-2004, 09:01 PM   #24
Canadian House Hippo

Send a message via MSN to Hippotautamus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian-Alexander
this is one of thier worst cd's ever. i don't like it, but all the other stuff by them is great
I guess it really is a matter of preference, but I'd rate this their best album.
10/10. If nothing else, Ocean Floor and Speak to me should push this album for even the toughest critics...what an awesome album.
Unread 07-21-2004, 06:47 PM   #25
No Longer a User

Great album!
bmcneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2005, 01:12 PM   #26
Banned

BEAUTIFUL!!! a true masterpiece. aa's first few cds were terrible- mark's writing tallent didn't develop until "some kind of zombie" in my opinion. and they didn't use ty's voice to it's full extent until "lift"- he is still developing his voice, if that is possible. he, phil joel, and jessy of falling up are my favorite male vocalists. 10 for teriffic writing and vocals. i would reccomend this to any singer. listen to ty burkum's voice and learn!
audioafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2005, 06:22 PM   #27
Batteries not included.

I like it. It isn't there best CD, but there are some great songs on there. Check it out, but get Bloom first. Bloom is amazing.
ChurchPunk 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2005, 03:39 PM   #28
cant wait for superman!

Send a message via AIM to KingdomHeart44 Send a message via Yahoo to KingdomHeart44
most tracks on here were pretty good, execpt I dont belive that Audio A has lived up to their name on this one. I didnt exactly get an Adrenaline rush listening to it
KingdomHeart44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2005, 12:49 PM   #29
All Hands on Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by God's Jedi
JesusFreakHideout gave this a perfect score for very good reason: it is simply perfect. Every song is great, annd they all go together very well.
JesusFreakHideout is a pretty cool site. Personally I agree every song is great and they all fit in great, and I personally thought "Lonely Man" was sweet. But personally this wasn't my fav Audio A album, I probably liked Worldwide and Underdog better, but that's probably cause they're both a little more rock than this one, but it is a great cd.
Switchfoot ,U2 , DC Talk, Audio Adrenaline, Anberlin , Mae, Relient K , P.O.D. , Pillar , Creed , Guardian , Styx , Stryper , Stations- [B]TVU, Tri-rock Radio, Radio U, Purevolume, Relevant TV </marquee direction="left" Scroll delay500></Scrollamount="1">

check out my <a href="http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=145225">blog</a>

Quotes -"Hope is stronger than it seems"
-Chance (by DC Talk)

-"Red letters kill your disbelief" - Audrey, Start the Revolution (by Anberlin)
HolyRockJfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 08:01 PM   #30

I'm not much of a poppy worship kind of guy but this album is one of my fave all time albums. When I need to worship I usually reach for 'Lift'. The only downer is the rap by T-Bone on 'Lonely Man'. Audio A never disappoints.
akeldama is offline   Reply With Quote