Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Community > Introduce Yourself!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-19-2001, 11:45 AM   #1
THIRD DAY

PLEASE REPLY i MUST SEE WHAT YOU THINK!

i HAVE ALREADY MADE ONE POST ABOUT THIS BUT ONLY GOT TWO RESPONSES. I WANT TO SEE WHAT EVERYBODIES THOUGHTS ARE ON THIS SUBJECT.

OK-LISTEN

A girl comes over to your house. You don't know her real well but she is the daughter of your parents best friends. At first you just talk with her a little bit but then she starts kissing you and before you know it you cant stop thinking about her. Her parents live in Florida and they leave after a weekend of fleshly lust with this girl.
You feel terrible and heart broken. What do you do.

PLease give advice from a godly point of view.

Unread 06-19-2001, 09:56 PM   #2
TAKE THE PLUNGE!!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to prai5eplyr
I really don't know what to tell you, but here is my two cents worth. Pray!! Pray!! Pray for guidance from the Lord. Also, you might want to read your signature at the bottom of your post. The answer could lie within. God bless and good luck.

In Him,
David
prai5eplyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2001, 06:24 AM   #3
MrsMickey

I would agree that you need to be in serious prayer about this and I also think you need to find things to do (such as playing guitar, hanging out with friends, watch a movie, read your Bible, play sports...etc) that will keep your mind occupied and not on this girl. Apparently, since you refer to "lust" in your post, you are not feeling that this is the person God is leading you to be with, so I would advise keeping your distance and strengthening your faith and commitment to God before you try to commit to someone else.

Just my $.02...

IHPL,
Kelly

MCM ~ 07.01.03 & MGM ~ 05.14.06

But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2001, 11:35 AM   #4
Resident Car Fanatic

Well, I do not have anything new to say, but I agree, just keep on praying and do your best to keep your mind off of her. God bless and have a good day!

Phil
Playn4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2001, 08:01 PM   #5

Send a message via ICQ to Plowboy4Christ Send a message via Yahoo to Plowboy4Christ
Exactly right Hard prayer is what this situation calls for!

p4c
Unread 06-24-2001, 07:56 AM   #6
MrsMickey

Hi, again, Scwebber. Just wondering if any of this advice has been of any help to you?

IHPL,
Kelly

MCM ~ 07.01.03 & MGM ~ 05.14.06

But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2001, 09:20 PM   #7
If I only had a brain....

Exclamation Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!

PRAY, PRAY PRAY!!!!!!!!
And then pray some more. You have to focus on God, not on her. That's all you can do. Lust is sinful, and we don't want to be like that.
1 Corinthians 13:13
Innocence15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2001, 01:11 PM   #8
so much

Re: PLEASE REPLY i MUST SEE WHAT YOU THINK!

Quote:
Originally posted by scwebber
A girl comes over to your house. You don't know her real well but she is the daughter of your parents best friends. At first you just talk with her a little bit but then she starts kissing you and before you know it you cant stop thinking about her. Her parents live in Florida and they leave after a weekend of fleshly lust with this girl. You feel terrible and heart broken. What do you do.

PLease give advice from a godly point of view.

Ok, hope this doesn't offend you...... but here goes......

DON'T START KISSING GIRLS YOU "DON'T REALLY KNOW REAL WELL"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh, you are a player man...... the girl's over at your house for a few hours and y'all start making out??? What's up with that??? I'm gonna tell you this as straight-forward as I can. Don't allow your lust to control you. The Bible says to FLEE from youthful lusts......... you did absolutely no such thing. You sat there in the room with this girl and gave into those lusts!!!!! You need to confess to God that you were wrong, and ask Him to forgive you. Then.... you need to tell HER that what y'all did was wrong!!! You need to ask her to forgive you for what happened!!! THEN..... you need to talk to her PARENTS!!!!! WHOA!! That's a tough one..... but do it.... tell them that you started making out with their daughter while they were visiting....... tell them that you were wrong in doing so!!! THEN..... tell yourself that you were wrong!! You need to realize that what you did was wrong.

Then, after all that is done....... you can see how you want to deal with your relationship with this girl...... whether or not you want to pursue it further. I can't really give you much advice there..... that's where all this prayer everybody's talking about comes in! Hope this helps.

"(a) Marriage in this state shall consist only of the union of one man and one woman.
(b) This state or a political subdivision of this state may not create or
recognize any legal status identical or similar to marriage.
Texas Constitution, Article I, Section 32"
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2001, 01:15 PM   #9
If I only had a brain....

Re: Re: PLEASE REPLY i MUST SEE WHAT YOU THINK!

Quote:
Originally posted by KeyboardFreak

Ok, hope this doesn't offend you...... but here goes......

DON'T START KISSING GIRLS YOU "DON'T REALLY KNOW REAL WELL"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh, you are a player man...... the girl's over at your house for a few hours and y'all start making out??? What's up with that??? I'm gonna tell you this as straight-forward as I can. Don't allow your lust to control you. The Bible says to FLEE from youthful lusts......... you did absolutely no such thing. You sat there in the room with this girl and gave into those lusts!!!!! You need to confess to God that you were wrong, and ask Him to forgive you. Then.... you need to tell HER that what y'all did was wrong!!! You need to ask her to forgive you for what happened!!! THEN..... you need to talk to her PARENTS!!!!! WHOA!! That's a tough one..... but do it.... tell them that you started making out with their daughter while they were visiting....... tell them that you were wrong in doing so!!! THEN..... tell yourself that you were wrong!! You need to realize that what you did was wrong.

Then, after all that is done....... you can see how you want to deal with your relationship with this girl...... whether or not you want to pursue it further. I can't really give you much advice there..... that's where all this prayer everybody's talking about comes in! Hope this helps.

This is great advice! I totally agree with you.
1 Corinthians 13:13
Innocence15 is offline   Reply With Quote