Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-12-2002, 01:41 PM   #121
I miss peace

Send a message via AIM to magidude Send a message via Yahoo to magidude
IS there any place online that is a good bet to buy Taylors?

I shot a man in Reno once, just to watch him die.
-Johnny Cash

And if my thought dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head in a guillotine.
-Bob Dylan

I wish it would rain.
-Rodney Crowell
magidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 06-12-2002, 05:01 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally posted by magidude
IS there any place online that is a good bet to buy Taylors?
Ebay is about the only place to get Taylors over the internet. But those are used. Taylor doesn't allow online sales.

Aaron
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2002, 06:22 PM   #123
What is a greenmonk?

Send a message via AIM to greenmonk
It depends. Do you want new or used? If you want used then some non-Taylor dealers will advertise on the internet or there is Ebay or there are internet classifieds. If you want new...Taylor doesn't allow advertising on the net. If you email dealers asking if they sell Taylors they are allowed to tell you yes or no. That's what I did for my Taylor. I mass emailed a bunch of different music stores that I found on the internet and asked for prices. I found a store with great prices and amazing customer service. I now deal exclusively with them. They happen to be in Texas, so I don't have to pay sales tax since I'm in Virginia. :kgrin:

The best way to find a good dealer is either to find one that is located near you or by word of mouth. The dealer I went through is called Great Neck Guitars in Witchita Falls, Texas. Here's their website:

http://www.greatneckguitars.com/

You'll have to email them or call them to get prices though. Good luck.

Jennifer :kduh:

Ovid
greenmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2002, 11:41 AM   #124

Send a message via AIM to rockdonnystyle Send a message via Yahoo to rockdonnystyle
hey what's up? it's been a while!

I am totally sure that Taylor makes the best acoustic guitars these days, but...well, I guess it really does come down to the music now doesn't it:klol:

What kind of stuff do all of you use your Taylors for?

I use mine for a lot of fingerstyle, singer/songwriters stuff, praise and worship, and to practice electric riffs and licks...b/c it's so much harder on acoustic.

oh...um, if you don't have a taylor, I guess you can respond 2 :kgrin:

God loves music! keep it rockin! Psalm 150!
rockdonnystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2002, 12:11 PM   #125
ihs

Hey there, everyone. Nice to see some familiar faces from the TGF over here.

I use my Taylor's (DDSM & 810e) for playing at home and at church with the praise team. The two instruments are very different animals, so I can cover quite a few bases with them, but I spend probably 75% of my time with just a thumbpick and my nails. Fingerstyle is my true love, but I'll strum every now and again if the song seems to call for it.

The DDSM sees the most work at church, but that's primarily because I like the way it's pickup system sounds better than that of the 810.
Unread 06-29-2002, 11:09 AM   #126

Send a message via AIM to rockdonnystyle Send a message via Yahoo to rockdonnystyle
sweet, a DDSM...that's a beauty! what's the sound like? I've always been interested

Unread 07-08-2002, 06:42 PM   #127

did any of you see Doyle Dyke's new Taylor on the grand ole opry a week ago? it was soooooo bad! it's some kind of orange color. nice guitar...even better performance!

Unread 07-30-2002, 09:47 PM   #128

hey, anyone know when the new Taylor Dreads are coming up?

Unread 07-31-2002, 02:54 PM   #129

I don't know but they sound cool!

Aaron
Unread 08-11-2002, 10:46 AM   #130
That's my baby girl!

Send a message via AIM to SCCdcTFreak Send a message via Yahoo to SCCdcTFreak
Dude, I'm a Taylor FREAK. I've only got one, a 414ce, but MAN, do I LOVE it!!! I'm SCChapmanfan on TGF. I haven't been there in like two months, though so I'm not sure what all's up there. But yeah, that's me.

By the way, aren't I supposed to get an issue of Wood & Steel in the mail for having registered my Taylor? I registered online and through the mail, so either way, it should have worked. Any answers there for me, guys/gals?

In Him,
† <>< Stephen
Yeah I can play the guitar. I know all about virtuosos and trembalos and arpeggios. I can do it all. I can play your basic rhythm guitar, like. jug jigga jug jigga jug jigga jug jigga jug jigga JAH JAH jiggidy jug jigga jug jigga jug jigga jug jigga jug jigga JAH JAAH. You know, something like that. I can also play some pretty hott lixx, too. You know, the kind that are just way up high on the tiny strings and you mash your fingers on 'em. meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley MEEEEEEEEEEE. Yeah, yeah And then Strong Mad comes in on his bass and he's like dou dow da dou dou dow da dou dow dow dow dow dow dou. And then the Cheat comes in with his keyboard and he's like boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boo and then I'm like "And the dragon comes in the NIIIiiiiIIIiiiiIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIiiiIIGH

Oh yeah.

My blog that sometimes goes a long time without me posting, but I still like it . . .
SCCdcTFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2002, 06:18 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally posted by SCCdcTFreak
By the way, aren't I supposed to get an issue of Wood & Steel in the mail for having registered my Taylor? I registered online and through the mail, so either way, it should have worked. Any answers there for me, guys/gals?

In Him,
† <>< Stephen
You should here pretty soon!

Aaron
Unread 08-12-2002, 09:27 AM   #132
Most Likely Not to Budge

Ive been thinking of getting a nicer acoustic. I have a Yamaha a/c I payed about $600 for. Its nice. Sounds warm, action is pretty good I guess. Electronics are great. But I was thinking of getting a Guild, Martin, or Taylor. I played a Taylor. $1200. It felt like my Yamaha. I was disapointed.

The Martin was the nicest of the 3 I played in that price range.
Unread 08-12-2002, 09:57 AM   #133
Unregistered

dude I haven't gotten my wood and steel yet either.....somethings wrong here! lol
Unread 08-12-2002, 07:13 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally posted by Superman
Ive been thinking of getting a nicer acoustic. I have a Yamaha a/c I payed about $600 for. Its nice. Sounds warm, action is pretty good I guess. Electronics are great. But I was thinking of getting a Guild, Martin, or Taylor. I played a Taylor. $1200. It felt like my Yamaha. I was disapointed.

The Martin was the nicest of the 3 I played in that price range.
Play more than one Taylor, Martin, Guild........ One doesn't cut it! Even if it isn't in your price range, play it anyway.

Aaron
Unread 08-13-2002, 01:12 PM   #135
übergeek

OK....I finally am here. I signed up a long time ago but....well anyway....I am here.....count one more TGF person.

Acoustics: 2003 Taylor 855ce-LTD L1 (Brazilian), 1993 Taylor 810, 2005 Taylor K4 preamp, 2006 ESP XTone PA1 (Sunburst)
Electrics: 2007 ESP Vintage Plus Distressed, 1998 Fender AmDx Fat Stratocaster (Black with EMG SAV + SPC kit), 1997 PRS CE24 (Ruby), 2006 ESP LTD EC-1000s (Sunburst)

Amps: Orange Rockerverb 50 Head and PPC212 cab

“Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words.” - St. Francis of Assisi
trpullen is offline   Reply With Quote