Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-02-2002, 02:26 PM   #31
Pie...& chips. For free!

Yeah? How much?

Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 05-02-2002, 02:30 PM   #32

You're looking at about $1,000 give or take depending on the dealer. It's Taylor's cheapest model. You could go used and get one in mint condition for around $800.

Aaron
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2002, 02:31 PM   #33

I just got my first Taylor!!! I got a 614CE. I love the thing. Only had it 2 months, and everytime I open the case it's like the first time I saw it.

-3e3c3e

3e3c3e is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2002, 02:34 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally posted by 3e3c3e
I just got my first Taylor!!! I got a 614CE. I love the thing. Only had it 2 months, and everytime I open the case it's like the first time I saw it.

-3e3c3e
Did you get the quilt or flame?? I love just staring at mine. It really is a work of art!

Aaron
Unread 05-02-2002, 02:37 PM   #35

I got a flame. It is a work of art. A true piece of workmenship. I'd love to get another Taylor, but it took me 1 and 1/2 years to save for this one.

-3e3c3e

Unread 05-02-2002, 02:45 PM   #36

What am I saying. I didn't get a flame, it is a quilt. Sorry about that. For a second there I got confused between the to.

-3e3c3e

Unread 05-02-2002, 02:48 PM   #37
Pie...& chips. For free!

Quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
You're looking at about $1,000 give or take depending on the dealer. It's Taylor's cheapest model. You could go used and get one in mint condition for around $800.

Aaron
OH MAN! I just looked at o ne of those on Taylors website!:kduh: :kduh: :kduh: :kduh: :kduh: :kduh: :kduh: :kduh: :kduh: :kduh: :kduh: :kduh: :kduh: :kduh: :kduh: :kduh: :kduh: :kduh: :kduh: :kduh: :kduh: :kduh: :kduh: :kduh: :kduh: :kduh: So nice!

I thought they were more expensive than you said...I hope your price suggestion is right cause that's relatively cheap.

Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2002, 03:58 PM   #38
Unregistered

hey has anyone here ordered from the Taylor custom shop? If I order my k14c, I'm gonna do all kinds of junk to make it better! haha, here goes my summer of peace and relaxation, it's gonna be dedicated to saving up for this crazy guitar!
Unread 05-02-2002, 06:15 PM   #39

I wouldn't think you would have to pay any more than $1,100. Any more would be overpriced.

Aaron
Unread 05-02-2002, 07:18 PM   #40

Send a message via AIM to rockdonnystyle Send a message via Yahoo to rockdonnystyle
oh, lol, that last post was me....

God loves music! keep it rockin! Psalm 150!
rockdonnystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2002, 09:46 PM   #41
Unregistered

Body shape

taylors are awsome guitars but ive never had the chance to play one . I just hada question on body shape. Im a medium strummer flatpicker and i hardly ever play fingure style. On the taylor site it says a dreadnought would be a good choice for me but i prefer the grand auditorium or concert. I already have dreadnaught not a taylor, i wish, and i want to get a different body shape something smaller with electronics. I know the lead singer on Ten sheckel shirt has a smaller bodied taylor and he does allot of strumming flat picking on his. Does anyone have one of these sizes and do they do allot of pluged in strumming and stuff. Just kinda wondered what the sound like and how they stand up to it. Thanks,

-Chris-
Unread 05-02-2002, 09:57 PM   #42

I've got a 614ce and I strum quite a bit. It works great. The sound isn't as loud as a dread but I also pick so it's a good guitar when you do both. I would have to say that the 614ce is the best stage Taylor you can buy. It's kind of a "Jack of all trades." I don't have any complaints, only praises! Anyway the GA works good for stumming and picking. I think the Jumbo is the best for stummers and the GC is the best for fingerstyle.

This is what I've found and is not hard fact. go to the discussion board on www.taylorforum.com and ask the same question.

Aaron
Unread 05-02-2002, 11:05 PM   #43

Send a message via AIM to rockdonnystyle Send a message via Yahoo to rockdonnystyle
you can't go wrong with the grand auditorium style...it all depends on the woods.......for you a 314ce, 414ce, 614ce, or 814ce would all make great guitars for what you want to do....if you go 514ce, 714ce, or k14ce with the cedar top, you'll lose a lot of volume and clarity, but get more warmth...a lot better for fingerstyle....but, I'm gettin a k14c, and I do it all....it still sounds good strummed, so dude...IT'S ALL GOOD!

Unread 05-03-2002, 10:14 AM   #44
Good Grief!!!

I was running errands yesterday and so (of course) I stopped in at the store and played a few guitars. For the first time ever that I remember, I found myself really really impressed with the particular 614ce that was hanging on the wall. If I had the spare cash (and I never will - I've got my Taylor already and I don't want to sell it), I think I'd go for a 614 (not ce because I'm not a huge fan of cutaways and I'm really not a fan of onboard controls taking space that should be reserved for tonewood, especially if it's big leaf maple). Very impressive guitar.

Oh, I also played a Tacoma papoose for the first time........very nice, but it throws my perfect pitch coordination with my fingers into a humdrum!!!

And I played a Big Baby Taylor for the first time. Boy did it look cheap to me (I think it's the thin-ness of the body and the light finish tone of mahogany or sapele or whatever they use), but it played like a dream!!! That would be a fun guitar to have.

Nate
nate95366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2002, 10:32 AM   #45

those big babies are a dream aren't they? I'm gonna buy either a baby or big baby after I get my k14c so I can just have a guitar to mess around with on trips...I have a HUGE NY trip comin up next spring break that I wouldn't mind laggin around a baby 2