Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-13-2002, 06:28 PM   #136

Quote:
Originally posted by trpullen
OK....I finally am here. I signed up a long time ago but....well anyway....I am here.....count one more TGF person.
Cool cool!

Aaron

Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 08-13-2002, 08:45 PM   #137

Send a message via AIM to rockdonnystyle Send a message via Yahoo to rockdonnystyle
all right trpullen....welcome back to tha family!

God loves music! keep it rockin! Psalm 150!
rockdonnystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2002, 09:03 PM   #138
übergeek

Thanks,

With you guys and jen here....it is like home...hehe.

Acoustics: 2003 Taylor 855ce-LTD L1 (Brazilian), 1993 Taylor 810, 2005 Taylor K4 preamp, 2006 ESP XTone PA1 (Sunburst)
Electrics: 2007 ESP Vintage Plus Distressed, 1998 Fender AmDx Fat Stratocaster (Black with EMG SAV + SPC kit), 1997 PRS CE24 (Ruby), 2006 ESP LTD EC-1000s (Sunburst)

Amps: Orange Rockerverb 50 Head and PPC212 cab

“Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words.” - St. Francis of Assisi
trpullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2002, 07:56 PM   #139
i love guitar

Guys, I love Taylors and all for their legendary sound and feel, but why don't you guys like Martins? Martins are INCREDIBLE in their own separate way. Each guitar has it's own style that it plays best, and Martins have a different feel and style then a Taylor. In fact, I own a Martin. So guys, lets all be more open minded!!! I hope that I haven't offened anyone!!

God Bless!!!
JeSuSmUsIcMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2002, 08:41 PM   #140
übergeek

I personally have nothing against a good old Martin. I am pretty disapointed in the ones from today (except the really high end ones). I am most disappointed that they have dove into the world of plywood. It was OK when they were doing that under another name but.....come one....a plywood Martin is not REALLY a Martin. They are ripping people off, thinking they are getting a legendary guitar for $600....and it just ain't so. I feel the same about the cheap Hamers on the market, the Squire line, pretty much anything that poses as it's more expensive bretheren. Now, you might say...sure, but the Baby Taylor is part ply construction. Yes it is and it is also not intended to make you think you are getting a high end Taylor for $400.

Whew....do I feel better.

Acoustics: 2003 Taylor 855ce-LTD L1 (Brazilian), 1993 Taylor 810, 2005 Taylor K4 preamp, 2006 ESP XTone PA1 (Sunburst)
Electrics: 2007 ESP Vintage Plus Distressed, 1998 Fender AmDx Fat Stratocaster (Black with EMG SAV + SPC kit), 1997 PRS CE24 (Ruby), 2006 ESP LTD EC-1000s (Sunburst)

Amps: Orange Rockerverb 50 Head and PPC212 cab

“Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words.” - St. Francis of Assisi
trpullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2002, 10:44 AM   #141
i love guitar

Trpullen, I do feel your anguish about squiers and other knockoff, but how about the people who want a great sounding guitar thats made in the U.S.A and is great quality, but cannot afford to spend more that say, 700 dollars? This is when Martins come into play. Martins have great high end guitars along with more affordable (but still awesome) guitars. This isexactly why i love martins so much. They take into consideration those people who can't even dream of owning a Taylor or Larivee. Martin guitars range (price-wise) 400 to 50,000 dollars. They have something for everyone!

Whew, now I feel better too.

God Bless
JeSuSmUsIcMaN is offline   Reply With Quote