Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Bass
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-14-2002, 09:21 PM   #46

Send a message via AIM to jireh Send a message via Yahoo to jireh
Re: bass

Quote:
Originally posted by paul mac
I really shouldn't post messages before having my morning coffee. After looking over this thread again and after reviewing my reply I feel I must apologize. I can sometimes take music (and myself) way too seriously and I'm sorry for the somewhat nasty response. I'm in the process of setting up my website and will definitely include some audio and video clips of my playing. "Peace,love and happiness and all that other good ****" Jimi Henrix-1970

!*!what's the site going to be!?!

jireh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 05-15-2002, 02:04 PM   #47
Guitar geek

Send a message via AIM to BowoW
Re: bass

Quote:
Originally posted by paul mac
"Peace,love and happiness and all that other good ****" Jimi Henrix-1970
**** = stuff

-jamie

"I am a man who has told you the truth which I heard from God.. But because I speak the truth, you don't believe me" - John 8:40;45
BowoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2002, 01:10 AM   #48
knox7

i learned guitar first. i play acoustic then electric for 5 years.at one time our bassist was out so i have to pick a bass. i thought it was easy. for awhile i was right. but then it really hooked me. my senses suddenly opened. i can hear the low frequency and it makes my heart pump. after several weeks i noticed most songs on the radio or my cd and cassette tapes. the bass is playing the notes and the rythmn! i was thrilled of what can bass do.(specially when somebody like abe leboriel is playing)
it is quite interisting: like u can divide the beat or just sustain until the notes are through.u can play the harmony or the melody( that is the root) the more you learn te more you say it is difficult.
i have a tips for the beginners: you guys try to play the bass off beat! and try to use 1 string and then slide your finger.(glissando)
do u notice guys that one miss hit of a bassist the sound is odd?
i learned from the books of victor wooten, john patitucci,the way marcus miller play,abe leboriel,tommy shannon. and now guys like tony terusa etc..i been playing bass for 10 years now..