Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-12-2020, 12:24 PM   #1
and you were wondering??
Administrator

paid
Current Gen Consoles

Hello everyone,

I would like to hear what you all think of the current (soon-to-be last) generation of consoles.

They have now been around for like 7 years, so you have had ample time to form an opinion!

I do not own any of them (well, except the Nintendo Switch), though I have played both the Xbox One and the PS4.

What do you think of them? Which has a better selection of games? Which is more comfortable to play?

For the last few months I have considered getting an Xbox One since they are already sliding down in price big time because of the new consoles coming out soon. But, I don't know if that would mean I would miss out on some great PS4 exclusives.

With the little bit I have played of them, I found the Xbox One to be a smoother gaming experience, and I found the home screen to be much easier to navigate. I also like the way the controller felt (although the PS4 I used had chewed up buttons....).

However, I am also skeptical that I may like the Xbox One better because I have mostly played on Xbox consoles. We had a PS2 and an original Xbox. And, I spent more time on the Xbox (though not as much as I spent on the PS1!). When it came time to choose between PS3 and Xbox 360, we went with the 360. So, I have spent much more time on Microsoft consoles than Sony. Have I missed out??

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Dr. Thrunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 10-13-2020, 07:38 AM   #2
Evangelical & Fundamental
Administrator

paid
I will be honest, I don't play any of them. All three of my kids are here so there are two PS4 and an Xbox One. They continually argue over which is better but I couldn't even begin to guess.

I do occasionally play our PS2 and SNES mini but that's about it. I probably play my Coleco or Atari 2600 emulators more than anything.

FWIW...my favorite console of all time was the Sega Genesis. I'm considering picking up one the mini units from Walmart. The fact that it already has Earthworm Jim on it is a huge selling point.

Last edited by Leboman; 10-13-2020 at 07:59 AM.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2020, 08:11 AM   #3
grubber

I never got onboard with the last generation. I play PC mostly and I think the only two games I'm interested in that I can't get are the latest Zelda and NHL. Especially now that Halo is on PC I don't see a reason to ever buy another console
Unread 10-13-2020, 05:29 PM   #4
My name is Oliver Queen.

paid
I preferred PS4 for the games, and the fact Microsoft really dropped the ball with the release (like the initial plan of locking games to consoles). I don't intend on getting a PS5 at launch, but when Kingdom Hearts 5 and FF7R Part 2 come out - and if they're not released on PC - I will definitely get one at some stage.

But I ultimately prefer to play on PC. I don't have to worry about maintaining the same hardware to play an older game down the track.

Bass - Yamaha TRBX 505
Acoustic Guitars - Ovation Celebrity Deluxe CC48, J. Watson & Co. WD150TB
Electric Guitars - Fender Classic '72 Telecaster Thinline (2007), Maton Mastersound, Epiphone Les Paul Studio Chameleon (2x EMG 81TW)
Guitar Amp - Fender Mustang IV V2
Bass Amp - Behringer Ultrabass BXL1800A
Gear - Line 6 Helix, POD HD500X, Zoom G9.2tt, Zoom B9.1ut, Boss DD-20

Warning: This journal may contain diary

But He was pierced for our transgressions
He was crushed for our iniquities;
The punishment that brought us peace was upon Him,
And by His wounds we are healed.
Giga Hertz is offline   Reply With Quote