Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Deeper Issues > Current Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-10-2020, 10:58 AM   #1
and you were wondering??
Administrator
 
Dr. Thrunk's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2004
Location: In the bedrock of Being.
Posts: 11,381
paid
Militia Group Plan to Kidnap MI Governer

Wow, what a story.

This is pretty scary! A militia who appear to be plotting to start a civil war were pretty far along in their plans to kidnap the governor of Michigan. They were going to blow up a bridge in order to thwart law enforcement, and apparently many had the goal of killing police too.

Adding to the oddness of this, the sheriff in the region had appeared on stage with them. And, in an interview after FBI arrested the militia members, the sheriff appeared to defend them. He tried to make a distinction between 'kidnapping' and 'citizen arresting'. He said if they just wanted to arrest the Gov, then that was fine to do.

Wow. What. A. Weird. Thing.

__________________
Hello! Come visit my blog! http://taylormweaver.wordpress.com/

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Dr. Thrunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 10-11-2020, 03:36 PM   #3
grubber
 
Shift II's Avatar
 

Joined: Dec 2014
Location: down east
Posts: 648
Not endorsing it but I'd expect to see this more and more the longer these draconian lockdowns go on for.
__________________
pronouns are xim/xir
Shift II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2020, 12:18 AM   #4
D'oh!
 

Joined: Apr 2002
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 9,191
paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift II View Post
Not endorsing it but I'd expect to see this more and more the longer these draconian lockdowns go on for.
Don't mince your words and talk out both sides of your mouth. Make your assumptions explicit, please. You're basically saying:

"Not endorsing it, I'm just saying, it's understandable that people would want to kidnap a public official, because gubmint bad."

Last edited by Homer Simpson; 10-12-2020 at 12:31 AM.
Homer Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2020, 01:08 AM   #5
Rey de CGR
Administrator
 
DaGeek's Avatar
 

Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Here
Posts: 12,801
paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thrunk View Post
Wow, what a story.

This is pretty scary! A militia who appear to be plotting to start a civil war were pretty far along in their plans to kidnap the governor of Michigan. They were going to blow up a bridge in order to thwart law enforcement, and apparently many had the goal of killing police too.

Adding to the oddness of this, the sheriff in the region had appeared on stage with them. And, in an interview after FBI arrested the militia members, the sheriff appeared to defend them. He tried to make a distinction between 'kidnapping' and 'citizen arresting'. He said if they just wanted to arrest the Gov, then that was fine to do.

Wow. What. A. Weird. Thing.
Yeah, this plot is bizarre and deranged. Like Shift alluded to, I think some people think that we're at the point when it's justified to used deadly/violent force because of constitutional right violations over some of these COVID restrictions. Utterly nuts.
__________________
I am most definitely a guy.


Donate blood and save up to three lives! Skeptical or curious about the facts? Please click here and find out from the experts!
DaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2020, 09:16 AM   #6
Black Lives Matter
Administrator
 
mtlmouth's Avatar
 

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,369
paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer Simpson View Post
Don't mince your words and talk out both sides of your mouth. Make your assumptions explicit, please. You're basically saying:

"Not endorsing it, I'm just saying, it's understandable that people would want to kidnap a public official, because gubmint bad."
Admin note: Please refrain from putting words in people's mouths. Thanks.
mtlmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2020, 11:05 AM   #7
and you were wondering??
Administrator
 
Dr. Thrunk's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2004
Location: In the bedrock of Being.
Posts: 11,381
paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGeek View Post

Yeah, this plot is bizarre and deranged. Like Shift alluded to, I think some people think that we're at the point when it's justified to used deadly/violent force because of constitutional right violations over some of these COVID restrictions. Utterly nuts.
Yes, definitely deranged. I think thats the proper term for it

I guess in some respects this is par for the course. There have been militant militias like this in the US for a long time. And, especially in the upper West they seem to have a lot if support and also have long term goals of creating their own nation that is removed from the US. I can't recall the exact landmass, but pretty sure it includes parts of Oregon, Washington, and idaho.

I guess we are going to see more and more of this.
__________________
Hello! Come visit my blog! http://taylormweaver.wordpress.com/

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Dr. Thrunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:15 PM.


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2