Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Deeper Issues > Current Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-06-2020, 09:35 AM   #16
Deets Go Here

I will be voting for Pedro this election cycle for President. The 2024 election I will vote for myself as I will finally meet the qualifications set forth in the Constitution for holding the office.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Hertz View Post
I would throw any bro under the bus for a Cheeto. Or a ho for that matter.

Not like a ho ho, mind you. Like a godly ho.
bravesfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 03-14-2020, 06:42 PM   #17
D'oh!

paid
So, there's talk that Canada might close our border with the US over this Coronavirus business. Or at least, when Justin Trudeau was asked about it, he refused to take it off the table.

There are a number of factors about how authorities in the United States have handled the crisis and other matters that, I fear (and this isn't me being flippant, I care about all of you and wouldn't wish to see you suffer) may lead to people getting sicker, faster - vis a vis other countries with different institutions and social structures.

https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/will...united-states/

Also, one of my friends in Washington state just posted this:

Last edited by Homer Simpson; 03-14-2020 at 07:02 PM.
Homer Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2020, 08:00 PM   #18
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer Simpson View Post
So, there's talk that Canada might close our border with the US over this Coronavirus business. Or at least, when Justin Trudeau was asked about it, he refused to take it off the table.

There are a number of factors about how authorities in the United States have handled the crisis and other matters that, I fear (and this isn't me being flippant, I care about all of you and wouldn't wish to see you suffer) may lead to people getting sicker, faster - vis a vis other countries with different institutions and social structures.

https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/will...united-states/

Also, one of my friends in Washington state just posted this:
Yeah, I really don't get the impression our federal government prepared well or took enough lessons from Europe/China early enough. Everything I've read indicates our testing capabilities have been woefully inadequate, and, if Washington state is any indication, way too much slipped through the cracks early on.

I do have to say, though, that somebody in a position of power and influence must be taking it seriously now, as you don't somehow cancel all these mega-billion dollar industries all at once just for nothing. Societal pressure is one thing, but this feels like it's on a much bigger scale and a much more coordinated response.

Donate blood and save up to three lives! Skeptical or curious about the facts? Please click here and find out from the experts!
DaGeek is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2020, 12:54 PM   #19
D'oh!

paid
Trump 'offers large sums' for exclusive access to coronavirus vaccine

Quote:
The Trump administration has offered a German medical company “large sums of money” for exclusive access to a Covid-19 vaccine, German media have reported.
The German government is trying to fight off what it sees as an aggressive takeover bid by the US, the broadsheet Die Welt reports, citing German government circles.
The US president had offered the Tübingen-based biopharmaceutical company CureVac “large sums of money” to gain exclusive access to their work, wrote Die Welt.

According to an anonymous source quoted in the newspaper, Trump was doing everything to secure a vaccine against the coronavirus for the US, “but for the US only”.
The German government was reportedly offering its own financial incentives for the vaccine to stay in the country.
When approached about the report by the Guardian, the German health ministry would only confirm the accuracy of the quotes attributed to one of its spokespersons in the article.

But of course, Trump is no better than the Dems, right?
Homer Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2021, 07:23 PM   #20

All that has happened this year and no one wants to discuss politics?
tlj009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2021, 07:32 PM   #21
grubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlj009 View Post
Most discussion is met by such hostility from a few certain members that it's not worth it. At least for me.
Unread 01-06-2021, 07:36 PM   #22
and you were wondering??
Administrator

paid
Quote:
I'm fine with it, usually! But, yeah, there have been some rather tense moments unfortunately.

What's on your mind?

That is, partially, a joke. Cause I know what's on all of our minds. The insurrectionart attempt earlier today.

I'm honestly not sure what the game plan was? Just chaos? Or, were they hoping to stop the certification? Cause that doesn't stop Trump from being led away on the 20th. Just means Pelosi would be POTUS, if I have things right.

I'm, honestly, embarrassed that this happened in America. And, I feel like I have been in kinda shock all day.

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Dr. Thrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2021, 07:37 PM   #23

That tends to be commonplace in our society today. I don't understand where the outright hatred comes from. If you disagree with someone, you are no longer just wrong, you ar evil.
Unread 01-06-2021, 07:40 PM   #24

I agree but the chaos seems to be on both sides. My bigger concern is that the language used by everyone is so divisive. I would really like to know why.
Unread 01-06-2021, 07:53 PM   #25

Alright, so I don't mind hostility so I will wade in. Everyone who voted for Trump are being referred to as dumb, idiots, racists, etc. Of course Trump supporters feel that the election was stolen. Biden and Trump are bother extremely divisive. But literally half of the country voted for one side or the other. How are we (mainly the media) demonizing the other side to the point that we have had riots for the last year simply because they don't like each other?

That said, there are stated reason. I would like to hear about the reasons the people of this forum, who are mainly Christians, think about the issues and why they matter enough to have rights or even to form a negative opinion of the opposing side. I don't intend to argue whatever the reason, but I would like to know.
Unread 01-06-2021, 10:23 PM   #26
Old School Sensei
Administrator

paid
I personally believe this nation is in its last days.

I'm not particularly upset by it either. Come Lord Jesus.

That's pretty much all I intend to say.
let the nations know they are only humans.

Psalm 9:19-20 (CSB)

YouTube Stuff
Lee's Sermons
Blog
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2021, 07:44 AM   #27

I am of the same opinion. The cause is interesting. The worldly reasons seem to be weak at best. I believe that the reasons are 100% spiritual. Like Soviet Russia, when asked why its happening, I think we can say because people have forgotten God.
Unread 01-10-2021, 01:54 PM   #28

There have been alot of comparisons between the Capital riots and the BLM riots. Does having a "legitimate" cause make a difference or is the current call for impeachment and criminal charges political hypocrisy?
Unread 01-10-2021, 02:20 PM   #29
Old School Sensei
Administrator

paid
Quote:
There have been alot of comparisons between the Capital riots and the BLM riots. Does having a "legitimate" cause make a difference or is the current call for impeachment and criminal charges political hypocrisy?
I don't intend to wade out into political waters but I do want to say that I did not (and do not) support those who went into the Capitol last week. It was illegal, regardless of how pure their intentions may have been.
let the nations know they are only humans.

Psalm 9:19-20 (CSB)

YouTube Stuff
Lee's Sermons
Blog
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2021, 02:36 PM   #30

Yes but what about the BLM riots. Is there a hypothetical cause where the violence would be acceptable? Or should violence be condemned across the board?

Or is the location of the violence, at the Capital, what makes this worse?

I'm personally against violence in either case and can't think of an acceptable hypothetical.