Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Automotive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-07-2018, 07:32 PM   #1

2013-2015 mid size suv

So I'm looking to buy a new vehicle for my wife. We're thinking a midsize suv with a v6. Something along the lines of a Ford Edge, Jeep Cherokee, Toyota Highlander, Traverse or Equinox, etc.

Anybody have any experience or informed opinions on any vehicles that would fall under this umbrella?

Thanks

jthomas1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 11-08-2018, 09:16 AM   #2
Deets Go Here

Seems to me like the Toyota and Honda vehicles in that class are the best bet. We thought about a Jeep Cherokee before we bought our 4Runner, but the transmission issues they had at the time scared me away. These were new vehicles that needed replacement transmissions at 1,200 miles or so.

Hopefully they have ironed the production kinks out by now as they were first introduced when we were looking. I haven't looked in quite some time, so I don't have much to add. I do know I have a friend who is more than competent when it comes to cars and engines. I had narrowed it down to a Jeep Grand Cherokee and the 4Runner and asked his opinion. He told me for him, he would choose the Jeep because replacement parts are cheaper and such. For me, he would choose the Toyota as I don't have the skills to do much repair work.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Hertz View Post
I would throw any bro under the bus for a Cheeto. Or a ho for that matter.

Not like a ho ho, mind you. Like a godly ho.
bravesfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2018, 11:07 AM   #3
I am groot

If you're looking for longevity and resale value, Toyota or Honda will be the way to go. If you're looking for comfort, Chevrolet or Ford will be the way to go. My Kia Optima was much more comfortable than my Toyota Camry and at a much cheaper price, but I know the Toyota will last considerably longer and be more reliable. Of course, if you want both comfort and longevity, and you've got the coin, Subaru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSPrestonEsq View Post
...wives are expensive upkeep...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
Ben Toast, I have been sanctioned by the official CGRARC (Christian Guitar Resources Awesome-ness Recognition Committee) to declare that henceforth and hitherto, you are awesome.
I Am Groot is offline   Reply With Quote