Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Classified Ads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-18-2018, 07:20 PM   #1
I am groot

Speed of Sound - The Thread

Hey all! With permission, of course, I've started a thread that will contain all things related to my business. Here you'll find news and updates regarding products, partnerships, and cool stories of clients and jobs.

If you haven't been following the latest happenings in my journal, you'll find them all here (and in a more organized order).

Anyway! What's a first post without a link?

https://speedofsoundia.com

Go on over and check out the website! If you'd like, head on over and give the Facebook page a good ol' thumbs up too!

Speed of Sound - Facebook

---

So to start, a quick background! I started my company purely out of necessity for a project. I had picked up a one-off job installing a sound and lighting system for a new venue and the owner said he would feel more comfortable working with me if I had an LLC and professional billing. So I decided to get those two things squared away. Still, I had no plans to do anything with it. The LLC came in April 9th and suddenly I had this crazy idea to start working on a website and launch a web store. From there I thought it would be cool to start offering other services like sound and lighting for live events, equipment repair, audio production, and a custom shop for my pedalboards. Then I figured it might be cool to work with other local custom shops around the midwest to provide top notch products to more people.

Around the middle of April, a guy on Craigslist called me about a mixer I had listed for sale, saying he was interested in buying it as a replacement for one he had just bought that wasn't working properly. He described his mixer to me and I told him I could repair it for a reasonable price. He had me go out to his location to look at it and not only did I leave with the parts written down that needed replacing on it, but with more things of his to repair. I ended up repairing his two Marshall JCM900s, his mixer, helped him troubleshoot some of his PA issues and other things around his studio. He came over one day and noticed my pedalboard and said he knew some people who would be interested in it and sent them my way. I'm still working with this guy on a regular basis.

I started working on solidifying some partnerships with various companies to feature their products on my website and began populating my web store. I partnered with Ragnarok Cabinets, Atlanta Pedal Co, Emerson Custom, and Ben Sabin.

I just signed a dealer partnership yesterday with SHS International. For those who are unfamiliar, SHS is the parent company for ModTone, Eddy Finn, Morgan Monroe, Indiana Guitar Company, Stone Case Company, Sundown Amplification, Echosonic, Stage Mate, SHS Audio, TuneTech, Mossy Oak, and Roxtone.

To start, I'm listing everything they allow dropshipping on to give myself a chance to see what will do well. For the time being, this unfortunately means I'm unable to list any Stage Mate, Echosonic, TuneTech, High Sound, Perris, or Roxtone products, as I currently lack the capital necessary to order these in and keep on hand.

I'm in the process of trying to develop partnerships with more companies as well. I don't know if I'll have anything more before the online shop goes live, but I would certainly like to.

The website is currently live. The online store is slated to go live June 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSPrestonEsq View Post
...wives are expensive upkeep...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
Ben Toast, I have been sanctioned by the official CGRARC (Christian Guitar Resources Awesome-ness Recognition Committee) to declare that henceforth and hitherto, you are awesome.

Last edited by I Am Groot; 06-02-2018 at 03:56 PM.
I Am Groot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 05-21-2018, 10:18 PM   #2
I am groot

Over the weekend I got set up with KHDK Electronics, Orange, EMD Stagg (REMO, Laney, Nady, Riversong), Amahi, Tech 21, Pork Pie, Relish, batson, Almansa, Rock N Rolla, Mick's, and Axe-Handler. Most, if not all, of these require handling physical inventory, which means they're all off the table until I get some capital going. Still, Orange only has a minimum order of $2000 and offers free freight, so that's something to look forward to.

Quote:
Quote:
Ben Toast, I have been sanctioned by the official CGRARC (Christian Guitar Resources Awesome-ness Recognition Committee) to declare that henceforth and hitherto, you are awesome.
Unread 05-23-2018, 07:05 PM   #3
I am groot

Just got a shipment (accidentally and now I have to pay for it, oh well) of six KHDK Ghoul Jr overdrives. In a nutshell, it's like a tube screamer, but better. Anyway, since I gotta get rid of these I'm dumping them at $125 ($25 below usual) each. Absolutely stellar pedal and I wish to anything I could keep one for myself. If anyone is interested, let me know!

Here are a couple in-depth demos of this pedal.

https://youtu.be/8RQ8eqhALvE
https://youtu.be/iMGKWTOfEZw

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 06-02-2018, 04:10 PM   #4
I am groot

Product shop is officially live and open to the public! Each week I'll be featuring various products at discounted prices. This week's featured products are the KHDK Ghoul Jr. Overdrive, the Eddy Finn Concert Size Koa Ukulele, and the Ragnarok 2x12 Guitar Speaker Cabinet.

You can check out the rest of the shop on the site as well. The introductory product lineup is small while I wait for more partnerships and dealer agreements to solidify.

https://speedofsoundia.com

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 06-02-2018, 08:16 PM   #5
My name is Oliver Queen.

paid
Do you offer mates rates and international shipping?

Bass - Yamaha TRBX 505
Acoustic Guitars - Ovation Celebrity Deluxe CC48, J. Watson & Co. WD150TB
Electric Guitars - Fender Classic '72 Telecaster Thinline (2007), Maton Mastersound, Epiphone Les Paul Studio Chameleon
Guitar Amp - Fender Mustang IV V2
Bass Amp - Behringer Ultrabass BXL1800A
Gear - Line 6 Helix, POD HD500X, Zoom G9.2tt, Zoom B9.1ut, Boss DD-20

Warning: This journal may contain diary

But He was pierced for our transgressions
He was crushed for our iniquities;
The punishment that brought us peace was upon Him,
And by His wounds we are healed.
Giga Hertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2018, 09:14 AM   #6
I am groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Hertz View Post
Do you offer mates rates and international shipping?
International shipping is always an option lol, it'll just cost more. As far as mates rates, I'm willing to discount to 10% over what I pay for the products (depending on the product, some have manufacturer minimum pricing). It's about as low as I can go and still maintain my website subscription.

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 11-14-2018, 09:45 AM   #7
I am groot

So my first official studio client has finally given the all clear to share this in my portfolio! This duo was an absolute blast to work with, the track was a lot of fun to produce, and I'm super excited for them.

Give it a listen here!

The Stress Vine - "Eulogy"

Quote:
Quote: