Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Community > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-16-2017, 05:27 PM   #1

Documentary on Musicians' Injuries

Hi Folks, this is my first post on the forum. Nice to be here!

I have a very good friend who is making a documentary on musician's injuries. These include not only carpal tunnel syndrome and tendinitis, but also injuries to the larger body parts like shoulders, necks and backs that people get while gigging or on the road. Sheís also including a large segment on singers, and the vocal problems they can get through poor training.

Is anybody here interested in this information? If you are, I'll post some links. As I'm sure you all know, these injuries can be career-ending. You've probably heard how Keith Emmerson suffered from tendinitis and focal dystonia throughout his whole career. They severely limited his playing, threw him into a deep depression that lasted most of his life, and ultimately led him to commit suicide. Iím sure you know about how Adele recently cancelled her tour and may never sing in public again because of vocal injuries. The same thing happened to Julie Andrews, and she hasnít sung since her microsurgery failed several years ago.

Most research shows that the vast majority of pros suffer from pain and injury related to their music making. So, preventing these things can save a career and a life. The film will present many such stories, along with information about intervention and recovery.

Anyway if you are interested, let me know and I'll post more.

Thanks!

laguna_greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-16-2017, 06:46 PM   #2
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
Glad to have you, laguna_greg! I've moved your post to General Discussion from the Cheap Post Forum, because I think it'll be more your target audience. Sounds like an interesting documentary, especially after hearing about a big name like Adele having to cancel tours due to losing her voice.

Donate blood and save up to three lives! Skeptical or curious about the facts? Please click here and find out from the experts!
DaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2017, 07:18 PM   #3

Thanks

Hi Da!

Did you know the link in your alert emails to these forums takes you to a spam site about file sharing, fake security software, and a whole bunch of soft-core?? I couldn't even get to these forums from the page I was taken to.

Just an FYI. Is anybody going to fix that....

Thanks again for the warm welcome, and I'll look forward to talking about the film.

Laguna
Unread 09-17-2017, 07:33 PM   #4
Hipper Than Thou
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by laguna_greg View Post
Hi Da!

Did you know the link in your alert emails to these forums takes you to a spam site about file sharing, fake security software, and a whole bunch of soft-core?? I couldn't even get to these forums from the page I was taken to.

Thanks again for the warm welcome, and I'll look forward to talking about the film.

Laguna
This is the first time I've ever heard anyone report this. We'll take a look at it.
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2017, 07:38 PM   #5
Hipper Than Thou
Administrator

Quote:
Hi Da!

Laguna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leboman View Post
This is the first time I've ever heard anyone report this. We'll take a look at it.
I just checked the last few alert e-mails I got I'm not seeing anything like that. Do you think you could forward one to me so I can see what you're seeing?

soulbait70@gmail.com
Unread 09-18-2017, 09:07 PM   #6

Check your inbox
Unread 09-19-2017, 06:08 AM   #7
Hipper Than Thou
Administrator

Quote:
Check your inbox
All of those links brought me back to here.

Tags
carpal tunnel syndrome, guitar, injury, singing, tendinitis