Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-05-2017, 10:12 AM   #61
and you were wondering??
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leboman View Post

Honestly, I haven't gone through every single name on there. Even if I did, I'm sure there are many I am totally unfamiliar with. I can also point out those on the list who aren't mean-spirited.
Unfortunately, for those attacked and marginalised by mean-spirited bullies it doesnt help much at all that a nice person also signed this statement.

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Uptown Thrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-05-2017, 10:18 AM   #62
Old School
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Thrunk View Post
Unfortunately, for those attacked and marginalised by mean-spirited bullies it doesnt help much at all that a nice person also signed this statement.
I have since looked up Gagnon and read some very brief things he's shared. I am currently listening to a conversation he had with Jayne Ozanne. Could you kindly point out some of the mean-spirited things he's said because I'm just now learning who he is and I have not encountered any of them yet.
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2017, 11:17 AM   #63
and you were wondering??
Administrator

paid
Quote:

I have since looked up Gagnon and read some very brief things he's shared. I am currently listening to a conversation he had with Jayne Ozanne. Could you kindly point out some of the mean-spirited things he's said because I'm just now learning who he is and I have not encountered any of them yet.
Well, read this speculative tripe for starters: https://m.facebook.com/robert.a.gagn...45?pnref=story

Beyond that, he's pretty typical in calling anyone who doesnt believe as he does about the boundaries of sexual ethics 'heretical', and is a pretty crap scholar to boot. But, the irrelevance of his scholarship is tied directly to his dislike of LGBT people (who are, usually, scare-quoted because they arent actually a legitimate class of people; after all, sin is sin, so everything is equal amd nuances of biology or psychology are thrown out).

The guy is well known among NT scholars to be both a hack and a very rude individual.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Unread 09-05-2017, 11:24 AM   #64
Old School
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Thrunk View Post
Well, read this speculative tripe for starters: https://m.facebook.com/robert.a.gagn...45?pnref=story

Beyond that, he's pretty typical in calling anyone who doesnt believe as he does about the boundaries of sexual ethics 'heretical', and is a pretty crap scholar to boot. But, the irrelevance of his scholarship is tied directly to his dislike of LGBT people (who are, usually, scare-quoted because they arent actually a legitimate class of people; after all, sin is sin, so everything is equal amd nuances of biology or psychology are thrown out).

The guy is well known among NT scholars to be both a hack and a very rude individual.
I will continue to look into the guy but I haven't gotten that from the one "debate" of his that I've listened to. I also reiterate that I had never heard of the guy before you mentioned him.

But at the same time, I am not yet willing to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

I see names like Sproul, Wright, Packer, Piper, Carson, and Chan up there as well.
Unread 09-05-2017, 11:31 AM   #65
and you were wondering??
Administrator

paid
Quote:

I will continue to look into the guy but I haven't gotten that from the one "debate" of his that I've listened to. I also reiterate that I had never heard of the guy before you mentioned him.

But at the same time, I am not yet willing to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

I see names like Sproul, Wright, Packer, Piper, Carson, and Chan up there as well.
Meh, whatever. Carry on, I guess.

-groucho marx

Quote:
Unread 09-05-2017, 11:38 AM   #66
Old School
Administrator

With that I am bowing out. I have done my best to listen to those here with different views. I thought I was being graceful. I even took the time to look up all of the things you all had to say. I have tried to respond in love and respect. I'm done though. I don't plan to check back in on this thread after posting this so I won't be making any further responses.

Peace

Last edited by Leboman; 09-05-2017 at 11:49 AM.
Unread 09-05-2017, 11:51 AM   #67

I see nothing wrong with the statements made regarding sexual sin.

I have a problem with the LGBT agenda being foisted upon our children, as young as kindergarten age in some cases. I have a problem with people trying to teach that these sexual perversions are normal and should be accepted and or embraced. I have a problem with small children being brought to LGBT parades and grown men who are practically naked, twerking in the face of these small children (you can view many examples of this on youtube). I have a problem with these small children turning around and twerking in front of these sexual predators at LGBT parades (again, you can view examples of this on youtube). I have a problem with our children learning these perverse behaviors and thinking they are normal. I have a problem with gay couples, like Mark Newton and Peter Truong, adopting a child to sexually abuse the child.

They are targeting our children with this perverse LGBT agenda and it is about time men of God start taking a stand against it. The focus is on this sin, as opposed to others, likely because this is the agenda that is currently being foisted upon us, and more specifically upon our youth. This is a sin they are wanting people to accept as normal. If people were teaching that stealing was normal and thieves should be accepted for who they are, and that we should just accept and allow thieves to steal, because that is who they are, then I am sure that would likely become a focusing issue of sin that people would be teaching against.

That being said, I also have a problem with culture and television (don't watch T.V. programming, it is straight up poison for the mind) teaching that adultery and fornication are normal and acceptable as well. Make no mistake about it, the sexually immoral will not inherit the kingdom of heaven. God will judge fornicators and adulterers.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Hebrews 13:4 Marriage is to be held in honor among all, and the marriage bed is to be undefiled; for fornicators and adulterers God will judge.

Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Jude 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Also, people need to be ashamed of their sinful actions. Many people today shamelessly take pride in their sin.

Romans 6:21 Therefore what benefit were you then deriving from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the outcome of those things is death.

The statement left room for repentance and grace, but people must repent of all of their sins. Normalizing sin and teaching people to accept and embrace their sins, is not biblical. If people are in the church living in that type of sin, I imagine that the apostle Paul would have delivered a lot of these people over to satan for the destruction of the flesh a long time ago.

2I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3For, being ignorant of the righteousness that comes from God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness. 4For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.[a]

Romans 9:30-33

30What shall we say, then? That Gentiles who did not pursue righteousness have attained it, that is, a righteousness that is by faith; 31but that Israel who pursued a law that would lead to righteousness[d] did not succeed in reaching that law. 32Why? Because they did not pursue it by faith, but as if it were based on works. They have stumbled over the stumbling stone, 33as it is written, "Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense; and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame."
Daniel21TX is offline   Reply With Quote