Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-17-2017, 09:00 AM   #1
and you were wondering??
Administrator

paid
Spider-Man: Homecoming

I couldn't find a thread on this.

I'm very surprised no one has started one thus far, or said anything significant about thus film on here.

We went to go see it 2 nights ago. I think it may be my favourite Marvel movie so far, or at least in the top 3. It was far and above better than any of the previous iterations, imo.

It was also nice to have a break from a 'SAVE THE WORLD FROM DESTRUCTION' plotline.

I was, initially, reluctant about this whole reboot, because I'm getting tired of them, and also because the actor didn't look the part, to me. But, he played it well.

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Uptown Thrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 07-17-2017, 02:07 PM   #2
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
I have many feeling about it.

I was not thrilled about another reboot, but primarily because I felt The Amazing Spider-Man was completely unnecessary. And terrible.

I also disagree that it was so far above the Rami movies. Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 were, in my opinion, fantastic for what they were.

This reboot, in the end, I am okay with for the simple reason that the MCU needed it. It is part of something so much bigger.

As for the movie itself, I thought it was good, but had some flaws. I didn't care for the extent of Iron Man's involvement. Peter is a genius in his own right. Why is he relying so much on Tony for tech? I also wish this Spider-Man could have an origin story in there somewhere, but I also understand why he doesn't. (It's been done too many times too recently).

Overall, I felt like it was a solid entry into the MCU. And I really like Tom Holland's Peter. I found Ant-Man to be more... creative, funny... just more.
Unread 07-17-2017, 04:24 PM   #3
Basically... run.

paid
I thought it was pretty good. Not sure where I'd rank it. I definitely enjoyed it a lot more than the Thor movies and Ant-Man, so I guess that at least gets it put in the middle somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
I have many feeling about it.

I was not thrilled about another reboot, but primarily because I felt The Amazing Spider-Man was completely unnecessary. And terrible.
I need to rewatch TASM to reform my opinion. I concur it definitely wasn't as good as the original trilogy, but I remember not being overly bored by it either.

Quote:
I also disagree that it was so far above the Rami movies. Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 were, in my opinion, fantastic for what they were.
Definitely. There's just that wave of nostalgia that comes over you whenever you watch them. :P

Quote:
As for the movie itself, I thought it was good, but had some flaws. I didn't care for the extent of Iron Man's involvement. Peter is a genius in his own right. Why is he relying so much on Tony for tech?
In the actual Civil War storyline (comic wise) Peter was working for Tony at that stage, and Tony upgraded his suit substantially. I should read some Amazing Spider-Man from around that era, but Peter's relationship to Tony was pretty crucial to that particular event - in particular, Tony convinced Peter to go public in the wake of the registration act, as Spider-Man was one of the most guarded secret identities.

Quote:
Overall, I felt like it was a solid entry into the MCU. And I really like Tom Holland's Peter. I found Ant-Man to be more... creative, funny... just more.
Is it more because this felt like you were watching a teen-movie (e.g. I Am Number Four)? It definitely had that feel to it.

Bass - Yamaha TRBX 505, Yamaha RBX 375
Acoustic Guitars - Ovation Celebrity Deluxe CC48, J. Watson & Co. WD150TB, J&D Luthier
Electric Guitars - Fender Classic '72 Telecaster Thinline (2007), Maton Mastersound, Epiphone Les Paul Studio Chameleon, SX VTG Series Tele copy, Ibanez SA
Guitar Amp - Fender Mustang IV V2
Bass Amp - Behringer Ultrabass BXL1800A
Gear - POD HD500X, Zoom G9.2tt, Zoom B9.1ut, Boss DD-20

Warning: This journal may contain diary

But He was pierced for our transgressions
He was crushed for our iniquities;
The punishment that brought us peace was upon Him,
And by His wounds we are healed.
Giga Hertz is offline   Reply With Quote