Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-07-2017, 01:17 PM   #1

HELP!!!!!

Hey everybody! So i have a quick question concerning one of my guitars. Recently i replaced the
pickups in a carlo robelli stratocaster style guitar and when i first plugged it in i got nothing but humming. So i opened the guitar up again and completely rewired it. After that i plugged the guitar up again this time NO SIGNAL AT ALL! So finally after checking all the grounds i found that i had wired the output jack in reverse. So i fixed that and tried the guitar again. Now the signal cuts in and out and the volume pot dosent seem to be working properly and there is still A LOT of humming. What could i have done wrong?? If any body has info it would be EXTREMELY appreciated! Also the pickup arrangement is HSS> THANKS

Zacri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 07-07-2017, 03:17 PM   #2
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Hard to assist without pictures, but I'd guess that it's still a grounding issue or that one of the wires (in all of the rewiring) has broken.

When you say the volume pot doesn't work properly, what is it doing?

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2017, 06:34 AM   #3

Hey thanks for the advice! The way the volume pot wasnt working was any time it was touched a horrible buzzing or humming would start. So last night i got a new volume pot and worked on putting that in and SUCCESS!! I plugged the guitar in and got an extremely clear signal. I also rechecked all the grounds and found a couple that had broken off so i just resoldered all of those.
Zacri is offline   Reply With Quote