Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Deeper Issues > Current Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-26-2019, 10:41 AM   #46
and you were wondering??
Administrator
 
Dr. Thrunk's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2004
Location: In the bedrock of Being.
Posts: 15,288
paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leboman View Post
Bill Clinton got impeached and didn't leave the White House. If Bill and Hillary's shenanigans didn't get them busted in eight years I don't see this playing out.

I'm no fan or supporter of the President outside of the biblical mandate to honor my leaders.

He'll skate along and at least finish his term.

Whether that's good, bad, or something else I can't say. I honestly don't trust any of them. I am done with politics. I most likely will never vote again.
I'm not sure that the Clinton shenanigans are in any way similar in form or essence to what Trump has done.

It may depend on how quickly the investigation tracks along. Hopefully something happens before the summer. But, the clock is ticking on Trump, I think.

__________________
Hello! Come visit my blog! http://taylormweaver.wordpress.com/

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Dr. Thrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-27-2019, 08:23 AM   #47
Sojourner
Administrator
 
Leboman's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Just Passing Through
Posts: 58,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thrunk View Post
I'm not sure that the Clinton shenanigans are in any way similar in form or essence to what Trump has done.

It may depend on how quickly the investigation tracks along. Hopefully something happens before the summer. But, the clock is ticking on Trump, I think.
Bill Clinton was accused of sexual misconduct by several women. He lied about it under oath and was actually impeached.

Hillary was involved in criminal business activities and people ended up dead.


I'm not saying they are worse or that Trump is innocent. I'm just saying that I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to end his presidency.

That's one reason the 2016 election was so disheartening. Either way we were getting a horrible person for President.
__________________
Leboman Reviews Stuff
Through A Glass Darkly
Granville Center Church of Christ Sermons
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.

Last edited by Leboman; 01-27-2019 at 01:08 PM.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2019, 01:18 PM   #48
Deets Go Here
 
bravesfan007's Avatar
 

Joined: Jul 2002
Location: Right Behind You
Posts: 14,670
Also, (maybe slightly irrelevant and off-topic, but sort of related) I'm not sure why anyone cares that other countries may have had an influence in our election. We influence elections (among numerous other things i.e. war and propping up governments) in other nations.

I'm not sure we have a right to be angry as we are just as guilty. Well, I suppose except for the fact that we are America and the greatest country on earth and can do no wrong. //end sarcasm

Honestly, I'm just tired of the entire thing. I don't care if Trump colluded with the Russians. I don't care if Clinton would have colluded with the Russians. I'm not sure it was worth the expenditure that we have had to burden ourselves with to get very little return on that investment.
__________________
If you are offended by most posts, please do not feel alone. I am an equal opportunity offender. I will offend everyone.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Hertz View Post
I would throw any bro under the bus for a Cheeto. Or a ho for that matter.

Not like a ho ho, mind you. Like a godly ho.
bravesfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2019, 09:07 PM   #49
D'oh!
 

Joined: Apr 2002
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 9,194
paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leboman View Post

Hillary was involved in criminal business activities and people ended up dead.
Can I see some info about this?
__________________
Glory to God for all things...
~ Ryan
==========

Since you gave birth to the Giver of Life, O Virgin, you delivered Adam from his sin. You gave joy to Eve instead of sadness.
The God-Man Who was born of you has restored to life those who had fallen from it.

- Theotokion from the Resurrectional Evlogitaria

Homer Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2019, 11:28 AM   #50
Sojourner
Administrator
 
Leboman's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Just Passing Through
Posts: 58,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer Simpson View Post
Can I see some info about this?
She and her husband were involved in a real estate scam called Whitewater. A longtime friend (and law partner) of theirs named Vince Foster ended up becoming Deputy White House Counsel. One of his tasks was handling their financial matters (including documents related to Whitewater). He was found dead (ruled a suicide) in 1993. At the time he was involved in what was then called Travelgate.

I would suggest that her actions as Secretary of State are more egregious. I would also suggest that the Clinton Foundation is just as sketchy. Much has been written about both.


I do want to reiterate...I am not fan or supporter of Donald Trump. I'm not defending him or saying that he hasn't done shady things. I'm just suggesting that in the end it won't matter. The fact that Hillary is so corrupt directly contributed to Trump being elected. I honestly believe Bernie Sanders would have won.

We don't live in the same world where Watergate took down Nixon. Compared to what many of today's politicians do, that was nothing. However, it happened at a time when people actually trusted their leaders. I don't know anyone who trusts politicians these days.

I heard one comedian put it this way, "People hated Hillary so much that they voted for someone they hated more."
__________________
Leboman Reviews Stuff
Through A Glass Darkly
Granville Center Church of Christ Sermons
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2019, 11:43 AM   #51
Sojourner
Administrator
 
Leboman's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Just Passing Through
Posts: 58,264
Joe Rogan (even though I don't agree with him on a LOT of stuff) tackles some interesting stuff.

****WARNING****

This is NOT SAFE FOR WORK!

Discussing Trump's Lies
__________________
Leboman Reviews Stuff
Through A Glass Darkly
Granville Center Church of Christ Sermons
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2019, 01:50 PM   #52
by hope we steer
 
Almost Enough's Avatar
 

Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Far Northern California
Posts: 2,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan007 View Post
Also, (maybe slightly irrelevant and off-topic, but sort of related) I'm not sure why anyone cares that other countries may have had an influence in our election. We influence elections (among numerous other things i.e. war and propping up governments) in other nations.

I'm not sure we have a right to be angry as we are just as guilty. Well, I suppose except for the fact that we are America and the greatest country on earth and can do no wrong. //end sarcasm

Honestly, I'm just tired of the entire thing. I don't care if Trump colluded with the Russians. I don't care if Clinton would have colluded with the Russians. I'm not sure it was worth the expenditure that we have had to burden ourselves with to get very little return on that investment.
This makes me sad.

I am afraid for the future of our country. Mostly because of the erosion of faith in our processes and our institutions.
__________________
Probably not.
Almost Enough is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2019, 07:25 AM   #53
Deets Go Here
 
bravesfan007's Avatar
 

Joined: Jul 2002
Location: Right Behind You
Posts: 14,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost Enough View Post
This makes me sad.

I am afraid for the future of our country. Mostly because of the erosion of faith in our processes and our institutions.
I've been afraid for the future for quite some time. I firmly believe we will be destroyed from the inside instead of someone attacking us from outside.
__________________
If you are offended by most posts, please do not feel alone. I am an equal opportunity offender. I will offend everyone.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Hertz View Post
I would throw any bro under the bus for a Cheeto. Or a ho for that matter.

Not like a ho ho, mind you. Like a godly ho.
bravesfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2019, 08:42 AM   #54
Sojourner
Administrator
 
Leboman's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Just Passing Through
Posts: 58,264
As weird as this may sound...it is almost exciting knowing that we are watching the death of America as we know it.

Why do we assume this is necessarily bad? As a Christian I am supposed to be a citizen of another kingdom so the demise of this particular earthly one won't affect me eternally.
__________________
Leboman Reviews Stuff
Through A Glass Darkly
Granville Center Church of Christ Sermons
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:21 PM.


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2