Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-13-2019, 02:28 AM   #46
طعام الكلب

Send a message via MSN to dogfood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thrunk View Post
Huh? Its exceptionally damning. As is the whistleblower report, which notes that the transcript was moved to a separate system to keep it under wraps.

I'm guessing you havent been paying close attention to what is going on with this?
I know I havenít.

Unread 12-13-2019, 08:14 AM   #47
Deets Go Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost Enough View Post
Snazzy and likely to happen.

But....what will happen is that the Senate will not convict.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Hertz View Post
I would throw any bro under the bus for a Cheeto. Or a ho for that matter.

Not like a ho ho, mind you. Like a godly ho.
Unread 12-13-2019, 12:46 PM   #48
and you were wondering??
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan007 View Post
Snazzy and likely to happen.

But....what will happen is that the Senate will not convict.
If he's committed impeachable acts then it shouldn't matter. I get that this is 'politics', but whether it fails or not, a corrupt president should be held accountable for his actions by those who have the ability to act. If others want to go along with it, that's on them.

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Unread 12-13-2019, 07:21 PM   #49
grubber

don't impeach i can't go back to bitcoin
Unread 12-13-2019, 08:16 PM   #50
Deets Go Here

Quote:
If he's committed impeachable acts then it shouldn't matter. I get that this is 'politics', but whether it fails or not, a corrupt president should be held accountable for his actions by those who have the ability to act. If others want to go along with it, that's on them.
You and I both know the problem is that there are differing views of whether or not those acts were impeachable. Heck, for that matter the entire thing (high crimes) is relative.

Maybe that's why the founding fathers used that language. Maybe they wanted to leave it vague enough that the act had to be supremely worse than anything utterly imaginable to actually remove the president.

Edit: And I am not a Trump supporter, but I'm also not anti-Trump like some folks. He's playing the role he is supposed to play.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:

Unread 12-14-2019, 05:27 PM   #51
by hope we steer

Do you guys realize how ridiculous you sound with this weird "both sides-ism" you keep spouting? It amazes me that anybody can think that this moron president is not unfit for office.

Without a doubt what he did in the articles put forth by the house committee are impeachable offenses.

And get out of here with your ridiculous fatalism regarding our government.

My opinion: this is the last dying breath and hold out of a bankrupt political machine that has conscripted the GOP. I hope we see some corrupt guys go down and hopefully the conservatives can find a way to save face by becoming a party of ideals again.
Unread 12-16-2019, 09:39 AM   #52
Deets Go Here

Quote:
Do you guys realize how ridiculous you sound with this weird "both sides-ism" you keep spouting? It amazes me that anybody can think that this moron president is not unfit for office.

Without a doubt what he did in the articles put forth by the house committee are impeachable offenses.

And get out of here with your ridiculous fatalism regarding our government.

My opinion: this is the last dying breath and hold out of a bankrupt political machine that has conscripted the GOP. I hope we see some corrupt guys go down and hopefully the conservatives can find a way to save face by becoming a party of ideals again.
No. It's not ridiculous. I live in the Commonwealth of Virginia where things are...for lack of better words...heating up on the idea of what rights are entailed in the 2nd Amendment.

Would I vote for Trump? No. Would I vote to impeach him? No. Not unless you start impeaching nearly every public official.

Both sides have set dangerous precedents within the past ten years. I'm afraid there is no walking back from the ledge now.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:

Unread 12-16-2019, 03:09 PM   #53
by hope we steer

Quote:
No. It's not ridiculous. I live in the Commonwealth of Virginia where things are...for lack of better words...heating up on the idea of what rights are entailed in the 2nd Amendment.

Would I vote for Trump? No. Would I vote to impeach him? No. Not unless you start impeaching nearly every public official.

Both sides have set dangerous precedents within the past ten years. I'm afraid there is no walking back from the ledge now.
What does the 2nd Amendment have to do with the impeachment of President Trump?

What does you voting for Trump have to do with his impeachment?

The articles of impeachment state that President Trump abused his power and that he obstructed Congress.

Funny that constitutional lawyers and professors have resoundingly said otherwise regarding the impeach ability of his behavior and the veracity of the articles of impeachment.

I am paying attention. What does Hillary have to do with Trumps impeachment?

I never said he was guilty because I didn't like him. He did impeachable things. Therefore he should be impeached.

We are not talking about Bill Clinton's impeachment, but if you want to talk about that it could stem off into another discussion. I realize there are few precedents set but I don't think Trump's impeachment is very analogous to Clinton's. I think his is more analogous to Nixon and Johnson.

Last edited by Leboman; 10-07-2020 at 10:17 AM.
Unread 12-16-2019, 07:01 PM   #54
by hope we steer

I never said anything about what he did before going into office. How he has carried himself as the Commander and Chief is what makes him unfit for office. Again, Hillary has nothing to do with Trumps behavior in office. Congress is doing its due diligence to make sure that the Constitution is adhered to by a coequal branch of government of which it is supposed to maintain checks and balances.

Your source did not say that there are no grounds for impeachment. He was critiquing the process by which it is happening. I don't disagree with him, either. But to say that he said that there are no grounds for impeachment is disingenuous at best.

I should have said contempt of congress. I misspoke. The executive branch has SOME rights to withhold things from congress but you are playing fast and loose with our nation's reliance on checks and balances between coequal branches of government. Also, we are not talking about Obama. We are talking about Donald Trump's actions as the POTUS.

Unread 12-16-2019, 09:21 PM   #55
Deets Go Here

Quote:
What does the 2nd Amendment have to do with the impeachment of President Trump?

What does you voting for Trump have to do with his impeachment?

The articles of impeachment state that President Trump abused his power and that he obstructed Congress.
My apologies. You mentioned the fatalism of the government. As I see it the political climate of Virginia is simply a ramped up version of the national culture. Surprisingly, at this point it is where it is at.

The two party system has failed us. It will eventually be our demise.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:

Unread 12-16-2019, 09:22 PM   #56
Deets Go Here

For those in favor of the impeachment, would you still be in favor of it if Biden were not a candidate?

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:

Unread 12-16-2019, 11:42 PM   #57
by hope we steer

Quote:
For those in favor of the impeachment, would you still be in favor of it if Biden were not a candidate?
Yes.
Unread 12-17-2019, 07:57 AM   #58
Deets Go Here

Quote:
Yes.
I'm assuming that is based off of other actions taken by the current President and not the one particular phone call.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:

Unread 12-17-2019, 09:45 AM   #59
and you were wondering??
Administrator

paid
Quote:
I'm confused by this. Are you saying that his being a candidate has a bearing on (allegedly) impeachable activity of the president?

Personally, I dont think it does.

If he were legitimately investigated (not just conspiratorially spat at by fringe vloggers) and found to do anything wrong then he should be held accountable. Certainly.

But that has no bearing on the issue at hand.

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Unread 12-17-2019, 01:21 PM   #60
Deets Go Here

Quote:
I'm confused by this. Are you saying that his being a candidate has a bearing on (allegedly) impeachable activity of the president?

Personally, I dont think it does.

If he were legitimately investigated (not just conspiratorially spat at by fringe vloggers) and found to do anything wrong then he should be held accountable. Certainly.

But that has no bearing on the issue at hand.

^This

Don't get me wrong, I believe he has done things I wouldn't do, but it doesn't help me want to convict or impeach him because that has been the cry of the left from day zero.

If the Democrats do not win the 2020 election (and I don't believe they will) what else will they try and throw at the man to get him removed from office?

Certainly he is not a moral man, but neither is any other candidate. Anyone who has their name at that level of the upper class certainly has cut people off, jabbed things into another's back and is guilty of much more than we recognize.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:

Closed Thread