Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-26-2019, 10:41 AM   #46
and you were wondering??
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leboman View Post
Bill Clinton got impeached and didn't leave the White House. If Bill and Hillary's shenanigans didn't get them busted in eight years I don't see this playing out.

I'm no fan or supporter of the President outside of the biblical mandate to honor my leaders.

He'll skate along and at least finish his term.

Whether that's good, bad, or something else I can't say. I honestly don't trust any of them. I am done with politics. I most likely will never vote again.
I'm not sure that the Clinton shenanigans are in any way similar in form or essence to what Trump has done.

It may depend on how quickly the investigation tracks along. Hopefully something happens before the summer. But, the clock is ticking on Trump, I think.

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Dr. Thrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-27-2019, 08:23 AM   #47
Sojourner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thrunk View Post
I'm not sure that the Clinton shenanigans are in any way similar in form or essence to what Trump has done.

It may depend on how quickly the investigation tracks along. Hopefully something happens before the summer. But, the clock is ticking on Trump, I think.
Bill Clinton was accused of sexual misconduct by several women. He lied about it under oath and was actually impeached.

Hillary was involved in criminal business activities and people ended up dead.

I'm not saying they are worse or that Trump is innocent. I'm just saying that I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to end his presidency.

That's one reason the 2016 election was so disheartening. Either way we were getting a horrible person for President.
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.

Last edited by Leboman; 01-27-2019 at 01:08 PM.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2019, 01:18 PM   #48
Deets Go Here

Also, (maybe slightly irrelevant and off-topic, but sort of related) I'm not sure why anyone cares that other countries may have had an influence in our election. We influence elections (among numerous other things i.e. war and propping up governments) in other nations.

I'm not sure we have a right to be angry as we are just as guilty. Well, I suppose except for the fact that we are America and the greatest country on earth and can do no wrong. //end sarcasm

Honestly, I'm just tired of the entire thing. I don't care if Trump colluded with the Russians. I don't care if Clinton would have colluded with the Russians. I'm not sure it was worth the expenditure that we have had to burden ourselves with to get very little return on that investment.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Hertz View Post
I would throw any bro under the bus for a Cheeto. Or a ho for that matter.

Not like a ho ho, mind you. Like a godly ho.
bravesfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2019, 09:07 PM   #49
D'oh!

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leboman View Post

Hillary was involved in criminal business activities and people ended up dead.
Can I see some info about this?

Since you gave birth to the Giver of Life, O Virgin, you delivered Adam from his sin. You gave joy to Eve instead of sadness.
The God-Man Who was born of you has restored to life those who had fallen from it.

- Theotokion from the Resurrectional Evlogitaria

Homer Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2019, 11:28 AM   #50
Sojourner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer Simpson View Post
Can I see some info about this?
She and her husband were involved in a real estate scam called Whitewater. A longtime friend (and law partner) of theirs named Vince Foster ended up becoming Deputy White House Counsel. One of his tasks was handling their financial matters (including documents related to Whitewater). He was found dead (ruled a suicide) in 1993. At the time he was involved in what was then called Travelgate.

I would suggest that her actions as Secretary of State are more egregious. I would also suggest that the Clinton Foundation is just as sketchy. Much has been written about both.

I do want to reiterate...I am not fan or supporter of Donald Trump. I'm not defending him or saying that he hasn't done shady things. I'm just suggesting that in the end it won't matter. The fact that Hillary is so corrupt directly contributed to Trump being elected. I honestly believe Bernie Sanders would have won.

We don't live in the same world where Watergate took down Nixon. Compared to what many of today's politicians do, that was nothing. However, it happened at a time when people actually trusted their leaders. I don't know anyone who trusts politicians these days.

I heard one comedian put it this way, "People hated Hillary so much that they voted for someone they hated more."
Unread 01-28-2019, 11:43 AM   #51
Sojourner
Administrator

Joe Rogan (even though I don't agree with him on a LOT of stuff) tackles some interesting stuff.

****WARNING****

This is NOT SAFE FOR WORK!

Discussing Trump's Lies
Unread 01-28-2019, 01:50 PM   #52
by hope we steer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan007 View Post
Also, (maybe slightly irrelevant and off-topic, but sort of related) I'm not sure why anyone cares that other countries may have had an influence in our election. We influence elections (among numerous other things i.e. war and propping up governments) in other nations.

I'm not sure we have a right to be angry as we are just as guilty. Well, I suppose except for the fact that we are America and the greatest country on earth and can do no wrong. //end sarcasm

Honestly, I'm just tired of the entire thing. I don't care if Trump colluded with the Russians. I don't care if Clinton would have colluded with the Russians. I'm not sure it was worth the expenditure that we have had to burden ourselves with to get very little return on that investment.
This makes me sad.

I am afraid for the future of our country. Mostly because of the erosion of faith in our processes and our institutions.
Unread 01-29-2019, 07:25 AM   #53
Deets Go Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost Enough View Post
This makes me sad.

I am afraid for the future of our country. Mostly because of the erosion of faith in our processes and our institutions.
I've been afraid for the future for quite some time. I firmly believe we will be destroyed from the inside instead of someone attacking us from outside.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Hertz View Post
I would throw any bro under the bus for a Cheeto. Or a ho for that matter.

Not like a ho ho, mind you. Like a godly ho.
bravesfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2019, 08:42 AM   #54
Sojourner
Administrator

As weird as this may sound...it is almost exciting knowing that we are watching the death of America as we know it.

Why do we assume this is necessarily bad? As a Christian I am supposed to be a citizen of another kingdom so the demise of this particular earthly one won't affect me eternally.