Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Deeper Issues > Current Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-01-2020, 12:56 PM   #151
Deets Go Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thrunk View Post
I think the lack of nuance here is probably why I just cant have any political discussion with y'all. False equivalences are, well, a bit lazy tbh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost Enough View Post
You guys are right. The senate trial just convinced me that both sides are exactly the same. How could I have been so blind before?
What do you want me to say? The Democrats in the House shut down witness. The Republicans in the Senate shut down witnesses.

Every last one of them is a disgrace to the average American.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Hertz View Post
I would throw any bro under the bus for a Cheeto. Or a ho for that matter.

Not like a ho ho, mind you. Like a godly ho.
Sponsored Links
Unread 02-01-2020, 01:00 PM   #152
Geezer
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan007 View Post
What do you want me to say? The Democrats in the House shut down witness. The Republicans in the Senate shut down witnesses.

A sham partisan House hearing gets a sham partisan Senate trial.

It's the American Way.
Unread 02-01-2020, 01:01 PM   #153
Deets Go Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leboman View Post
A sham partisan House hearing gets a sham partisan Senate trial.

It's the American Way.
And the only ones that actually lose out are the American people because it's the American way.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:

Unread 02-01-2020, 01:55 PM   #154
by hope we steer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan007 View Post

Now you're straight up lying. Again you two just sound foolish with your statements.
Unread 02-01-2020, 02:02 PM   #155
Geezer
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Now you're straight up lying. Again you two just sound foolish with your statements.
I am only going to say this one more time. You can disagree but you will not call anyone foolish again.

Last warning.
Unread 02-01-2020, 02:04 PM   #156
assistant regional mgr.

here, I speak fluent Almost Enough, and can translate. this could just be a cultural misunderstanding.

hey Leboman and Bravesfan, how do you believe the Democrats in the House shut down witness?

"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him." -Thomas Carlyle
Unread 02-01-2020, 02:06 PM   #157
Geezer
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
here, I speak fluent Almost Enough, and can translate. this could just be a cultural misunderstanding.

hey Leboman and Bravesfan, how do you believe the Democrats in the House shut down witness?
There is no misunderstanding when he calls people liars and foolish. End of story.
Unread 02-01-2020, 02:15 PM   #158
by hope we steer

I have been a member of this community for over 17 years. This is my second username. If I am banned from this slowly dying community because I am calling out my fellow believers over their unwillingness to stand up for truth then I will wear that as a badge of honor. I'm sick of my faith communities becoming trash and dying. I am not calling you a fool. I'm calling your statements foolish because they are. They are foolish and short sighted and they do nothing to address a very serious issue in our society today.
Unread 02-01-2020, 02:23 PM   #159
Deets Go Here

Quote:
I have been a member of this community for over 17 years. This is my second username. If I am banned from this slowly dying community because I am calling out my fellow believers over their unwillingness to stand up for truth then I will wear that as a badge of honor. I'm sick of my faith communities becoming trash and dying. I am not calling you a fool. I'm calling your statements foolish because they are. They are foolish and short sighted and they do nothing to address a very serious issue in our society today.
What do you want me to say? Trump is a liar, but so was Bush, Obama, Biden, Clinton, Romney, Sanders, Pelosi, McConnell, Nadler, Waters, Warren, and any others you want to put on that level.

What makes them any more foolish than believing Trump is worse than the others?

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:

Unread 02-01-2020, 02:23 PM   #160
Geezer
Administrator

paid
Quote:
FWIW, I have been a member longer than you have. It doesn't really matter how long you've been around.

Calling the system broken and beyond repair is not foolish. It is a statement of fact. More than once I have said that I do not defend Trump. I never will. I believe that for you to insist that he is somehow worse than Obama, Bush, or Clinton is ignoring the fact that there is no fixing this system. It is not foolish to call this entire process a sham on both sides because that is what it is. Trump is liar and he abuses the system. So has every other President in my 49 years on this planet. Whether you think that is irrelevant doesn't bother me a bit. This is partisan politics at its very worst and only proves that we should be more focused on the Kingdom of God and less on this world. I'm MORE worried about my faith community than whatever politicians are up to. I don't see Jesus or Paul telling us to get bent out of shape over crooked worldly political systems. We need to live out our faith is spite of them. From an eternal perspective, I'm really not concerned about the survival of this nation.

Believe what you wish.

Last edited by Leboman; 02-01-2020 at 02:47 PM.
Unread 02-01-2020, 02:45 PM   #161
Deets Go Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute View Post

Sure thing. They didn't press hard enough. They were in a hurry to "impeach" and did not complete a proper investigation making it look from a Senate standpoint that it was a hit job.

This sums up my feelings on why the House failed: https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciar...th-impeachment

Plus, I don't put much stock in the entire thing due to comments like this from 2017: https://thehill.com/media/345358-max...ed-after-trump

The entire impeachment was set up from the time Trump won the election. Here's the kicker, if he wins the next election this November, they will try and impeach him again. Mark my words.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:

Unread 02-01-2020, 04:36 PM   #162
OG Spinning Chinchilla
Administrator

For the record, making condescending and/or passive-aggressive comments about someone's position elsewhere on CGR is not really any different than saying someone's position is foolish to their face.

Clopsed.
Closed Thread