Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Deeper Issues > Current Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-16-2020, 09:20 AM   #136
Deets Go Here
 
bravesfan007's Avatar
 

Joined: Jul 2002
Location: Right Behind You
Posts: 15,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Hertz View Post
I heard suggestions that the delay may have something to do with not wanting to tie up certain presidential candidates in Senate hearings...
You mean like expecting someone to do their actual job instead of gallivanting around the country?

(And before anyone jumps my back, I have a problem with anyone doing this. So much of the political lifestyle is going around begging for more votes and ignoring doing any actual meaningful work and that disgusts me.)

__________________
If you are offended by most posts, please do not feel alone. I am an equal opportunity offender. I will offend everyone.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Hertz View Post
I would throw any bro under the bus for a Cheeto. Or a ho for that matter.

Not like a ho ho, mind you. Like a godly ho.
bravesfan007 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-16-2020, 04:07 PM   #137
by hope we steer
 
Almost Enough's Avatar
 

Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Far Northern California
Posts: 2,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan007 View Post
You mean like expecting someone to do their actual job instead of gallivanting around the country?

(And before anyone jumps my back, I have a problem with anyone doing this. So much of the political lifestyle is going around begging for more votes and ignoring doing any actual meaningful work and that disgusts me.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._Trump_rallies
__________________
Probably not.
Almost Enough is offline  
Unread 01-16-2020, 05:05 PM   #138
Deets Go Here
 
bravesfan007's Avatar
 

Joined: Jul 2002
Location: Right Behind You
Posts: 15,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost Enough View Post
And your point? I have a problem with Trump doing it. I had a problem with Clinton doing it. I had a problem with Obama and Bush doing it. Do your freaking job and if people like the job you're doing it, then let them vote you back in your position. (For what its worth, I am heavily in favor of term limits and restoring the political positions to the common, ordinary citizen and not an elite ruling class.)

I know you think I'm a Trump supporter and I'm not. If anything I simply enjoy his Twitter tirades (due to the sheer extravagance that they are) and watching his supporters slobber all over themselves at his words. I also find it amusing the great exaggerations that his opponents will go to and the evidence that they will overlook simply because he is a "ruthless tyrant".

Don't make me out to be something that I'm not. Both sides are flawed. One side isn't worse than the other. If you want to get right down to it, I align most closely with the Constitution Party, but they don't stand a snowballs chance in hell of winning anything because people are jaded into believing one of the two parties have their best interest. The only thing the two party system has brought us is more debt, deaths, and regulations.

I'm sorry for the tirade, but I know your mind is made up regarding me and honestly, I can't stand it.
__________________
If you are offended by most posts, please do not feel alone. I am an equal opportunity offender. I will offend everyone.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Hertz View Post
I would throw any bro under the bus for a Cheeto. Or a ho for that matter.

Not like a ho ho, mind you. Like a godly ho.
bravesfan007 is offline  
Unread 01-28-2020, 01:21 AM   #139
D'oh!
 

Joined: Apr 2002
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 9,252
paid
This both-sidesism is stupid. One side is objectively worse than the other here, and that's just a fact.
__________________
Glory to God for all things...
~ Ryan
==========

In the flesh You fell asleep as a mortal man, O King and Lord,
You arose on the third day, freeing Adam from corruption and destroying death!
O Pascha of incorruption! The salvation of the world...

Exapostilarion of Pascha

Homer Simpson is offline  
Unread 01-28-2020, 08:09 AM   #140
assistant regional mgr.
 
Dwight Schrute's Avatar
 

Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Scranton, PA
Posts: 6,749
I've been avoiding news outlets as much as possible lately, it's such a partisan orgy right now.

for some reason, politics lately has reminded me of rooting for your favorite football team - no matter what they do, they are your team and the other side sucks. or maybe it's more reminiscent of the glorious 80's era WWF - you have your strong personas, the heroes and villains playing their parts to cheers and jeers. and no matter what they say or do, nothing I think or feel matters to them - it's a show. that's just how I feel right about now.
__________________


"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him." -Thomas Carlyle
Dwight Schrute is offline  
Unread 01-28-2020, 12:09 PM   #141
Geezer
Administrator
 
Leboman's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 59,669
paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer Simpson View Post
This both-sidesism is stupid. One side is objectively worse than the other here, and that's just a fact.
I honestly don't see much difference between either of them.
__________________
Not everyone can carry the weight of the world.
Leboman is offline  
Unread 01-28-2020, 06:09 PM   #142
Admιnιstrator
 
Shift II's Avatar
 

Joined: Dec 2014
Location: In Joan's heart <3
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer Simpson View Post
This both-sidesism is stupid. One side is objectively worse than the other here, and that's just a fact.
oh snap are they calling off the elections then?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Groot View Post
Why do you even think of these things?
Shift II is offline  
Unread 01-28-2020, 08:24 PM   #143
still not a stale muffin.
Administrator
 
beanbag's Avatar
 

Joined: Sep 2003
Location: the wood between the worlds
Posts: 11,006
paid
let's remember the tone and the language that we're using here. you are all entitled to your opinions, but you are required to use respect when expressing your opinions.

let's also remember that if it were cut-and-dry, there wouldn't be so much division on who is better/worse. your opinion is your opinion, and your neighbor's opinion is your neighbor's opinion.

for what it's worth, i personally don't see much of a difference either.
__________________
SAR: Girls are quick to think that they're the ugliest of God's creations, but without makeup--we know we are.

dumb statement du jour: a stadium's like a big building, right?

let me entertain you!
beanbag is offline  
Unread 01-31-2020, 09:55 AM   #144
Deets Go Here
 
bravesfan007's Avatar
 

Joined: Jul 2002
Location: Right Behind You
Posts: 15,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer Simpson View Post
This both-sidesism is stupid. One side is objectively worse than the other here, and that's just a fact.
I wouldn't say that one is worse than the other.

In my opinion it's like asking someone if they would rather have herpes or gonorrhea. Personally, I would choose neither, but that's just me.
__________________
If you are offended by most posts, please do not feel alone. I am an equal opportunity offender. I will offend everyone.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Hertz View Post
I would throw any bro under the bus for a Cheeto. Or a ho for that matter.

Not like a ho ho, mind you. Like a godly ho.
bravesfan007 is offline  
Unread 01-31-2020, 02:49 PM   #145
My name is Oliver Queen.
 
Giga Hertz's Avatar
 

Joined: Oct 2007
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 5,652
paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan007 View Post
I wouldn't say that one is worse than the other.

In my opinion it's like asking someone if they would rather have herpes or gonorrhea. Personally, I would choose neither, but that's just me.
South Park used a less flattering comparison for the 2016 election.
__________________
~ Josh

Bass - Yamaha TRBX 505
Acoustic Guitars - Ovation Celebrity Deluxe CC48, J. Watson & Co. WD150TB
Electric Guitars - Fender Classic '72 Telecaster Thinline (2007), Maton Mastersound, Epiphone Les Paul Studio Chameleon
Guitar Amp - Fender Mustang IV V2
Bass Amp - Behringer Ultrabass BXL1800A
Gear - Line 6 Helix, POD HD500X, Zoom G9.2tt, Zoom B9.1ut, Boss DD-20

Warning: This journal may contain diary

But He was pierced for our transgressions
He was crushed for our iniquities;
The punishment that brought us peace was upon Him,
And by His wounds we are healed.
Giga Hertz is offline  
Unread 01-31-2020, 03:05 PM   #146
Geezer
Administrator
 
Leboman's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 59,669
paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Hertz View Post
South Park used a less flattering comparison for the 2016 election.
I remember.
__________________
Not everyone can carry the weight of the world.
Leboman is offline  
Unread 01-31-2020, 08:42 PM   #147
and you were wondering??
Administrator
 
Dr. Thrunk's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2004
Location: In the bedrock of Being.
Posts: 15,549
paid
I think the lack of nuance here is probably why I just cant have any political discussion with y'all. False equivalences are, well, a bit lazy tbh
__________________
Hello! Come visit my blog! http://taylormweaver.wordpress.com/

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Dr. Thrunk is offline  
Unread 02-01-2020, 07:47 AM   #148
Geezer
Administrator
 
Leboman's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 59,669
paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thrunk View Post
I think the lack of nuance here is probably why I just cant have any political discussion with y'all. False equivalences are, well, a bit lazy tbh
I don't believe it is a false equivalence to say that both sides are corrupt. You may disagree (and that is your right) but I honestly don't see much difference between the two. That's not laziness on my part and to be completely honest, it is somewhat insulting for you to suggest so. I TRULY believe that both parties are corrupt to their very core. I am not making excuses for the current President. I do NOT like him at all. However, I do not believe he is any worse than the rest. I think they ALL are pretty horrible. What I can't understand is how someone can be so critical of one party and fail to see the exact same problems in the other. Neither of them hold the moral high ground or operate any better than the other.
__________________
Not everyone can carry the weight of the world.
Leboman is offline  
Unread 02-01-2020, 11:27 AM   #149
by hope we steer
 
Almost Enough's Avatar
 

Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Far Northern California
Posts: 2,663
You guys are right. The senate trial just convinced me that both sides are exactly the same. How could I have been so blind before?
__________________
Probably not.
Almost Enough is offline  
Unread 02-01-2020, 12:20 PM   #150
Geezer
Administrator
 
Leboman's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 59,669
paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost Enough View Post
You guys are right. The senate trial just convinced me that both sides are exactly the same. How could I have been so blind before?

Based upon your previous posts I will go ahead and assume this is sarcasm. I am not interested in trying to convince people to change their opinions. What I am tired of is smug and arrogant responses from those who disagree.

Honestly...believe what you want. I don't really care at this point. I stand by my belief that the system is broken and there is no fixing it. You go on and believe whatever you choose to. We all have that right.
__________________
Not everyone can carry the weight of the world.

Last edited by Leboman; 02-01-2020 at 12:57 PM.
Leboman is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:49 AM.


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2