Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Amps & Effects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-03-2017, 07:09 PM   #1

Quilter Micro Block 45

To get right to the point, I'm rather satisfied. The MB45 is a wonderful little tool and quite loud to boot even though I can only run it at 8ohms (this only allows 33 watts instead of the full 45, but I will soon fix this). If you're looking for a 'tube' sound, look elsewhere. That cat out of the bag, this tiny amp has a wonderful sound/personality that doesn't make me miss the ELEVEN tubes it took to run my Electra Dyne combo. The three knobs are all useful and functional. The master volume has a nice even sweep and doesn't just get loud all of a sudden. The gain knob is equally even-keeled. The tri-q knob is obviously the tone-stack and does a reasonable job of making the amp either dark and rich or bright, punchy and open. It will easily keep up with a drummer through a 212 at 8ohms, so I imagine once I get everything settled to 4ohms it will probably make my neighbors a bit angry. If you want to go light, efficient and relatively cheap while still sounding VERY good, give this little bad boy a listen.

Properpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 04-04-2017, 10:24 AM   #2
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Very cool. I'm a big fan of Quilter's platform, but I haven't had a chance to check out the Micro 45.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2017, 01:43 PM   #3

Wow, my ears are still ringing lol. Just rewired my cab for 4ohms and I have to say that my Block may be Micro, but it easily keeps up with many a 50+ watt tube amp I've played through. Very easily would keep up with a drummer. Now to paint my new guitar body...
Properpat is offline   Reply With Quote