Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Amps & Effects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-16-2017, 10:46 PM   #1

NGD: 2016 Gibson Plaintop Les Paul Classic

Man...oh man...I absolutely love this guitar. I wasn't planning on picking up another guitar this year but I saw this on Zzounds site and have kicked myself in the past for not getting certain limited runs. It is hard for the pictures to do this one justice...because it is even better looking in person. It was listed as "classic" but somehow mine came with a "traditional" truss rod cover
I was a little confused as to why but Zzounds offered to send me out a blank TRC or special order a "classic" one. I opted for the blank because I actually prefer that over most covers.
Slimtaper 60's neck, nine hole weight relief, 57/57+ pickups, nashville bridge, and standard Klusons. This guitar just SPEAKS to me. The bridge pickup will likely be replaced...I might keep the zebras on this one or perhaps covered neck/uncovered bridge. The Goldtop is heavier at 10 lbs...and this is coming in at 9 lbs 6 oz. but they are both incredible guitars. These two guitars have made me change my string gauge preference. I generally use 10-52 sets but the 9-46 D'Addarios that came stock on these feel absolutely perfect even in Eb and Drop C#.

alanwaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 02-19-2017, 02:37 AM   #2

Cool

Enjoy!
Unread 02-20-2017, 06:19 AM   #3

Nice,
aljb17 is offline   Reply With Quote