Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-20-2017, 04:26 PM   #31
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
I saw it yesterday. Emma Watson was perfection. I loved every minute.

Unread 03-20-2017, 05:07 PM   #32
now a spiced muffin.
Administrator

paid
i did too!!!! it was amazing. i don't want to post any spoilers but i pretty much loved every creative decision that was made. (and the la fou or lefou or whatever thing was literally like 2 seconds long. people freaked out over nothing in my opinion.)

dumb statement du jour: a stadium's like a big building, right?

let me entertain you!
beanbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2017, 08:48 PM   #33
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
Leiya and I saw it for our date night tonight, and we both loved it! Absolutely well done, in my opinion. I echo Beans in that I, too, liked just about every creative decision. I was at first a little apprehensive about Emma Watson's performance when I saw her in her first scene, but that quickly evaporated. I quite relished the depth that they gave many of the characters (specifically, I rather enjoyed Maurice, Lefou, and Lumiere), and their little quips and witticisms were thoroughly entertaining. I was concerned beforehand, but I even enjoyed Gaston, though he may have been a little goofier than I'd expected. The excellent renditions of so many of the classics from the original were also some of the best parts, although the heavy use of auto-tuning for Emma's voice distracted me somewhat.

All in all, though, we are fairly certain that it will be in our DVD/Blu-Ray library when it comes out.

Donate blood and save up to three lives! Skeptical or curious about the facts? Please click here and find out from the experts!
DaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2017, 10:55 PM   #34

Send a message via AIM to Sean Send a message via MSN to Sean
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbag View Post
(and the la fou or lefou or whatever thing was literally like 2 seconds long. people freaked out over nothing in my opinion.)
No one freaked out over what was actually in the movie. They freaked out over the director and Josh Gad hyping up Le Fou exploring his sexuality and having an exclusively gay moment.

People would have been equally freaked out if the director described his take on the film as being the story of a virginal bookworm discovering her sexuality while being woo'd by a terrifying beast. That might be what the movie is, but it's an extremely creepy way to describe it while talking about the plot of a children's movie.

Likewise, the Le Fou plotline is nothing particulary interesting. But their language rightfully caught the attention of many parents.

Modern Ministry Blog | My thoughts on life and faith
The Sean Chandler Blog | My thoughts on culture and politics
YouTube | My thoughts on movies and TV
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2017, 05:22 PM   #35
now a spiced muffin.
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
No one freaked out over what was actually in the movie. They freaked out over the director and Josh Gad hyping up Le Fou exploring his sexuality and having an exclusively gay moment.

People would have been equally freaked out if the director described his take on the film as being the story of a virginal bookworm discovering her sexuality while being woo'd by a terrifying beast. That might be what the movie is, but it's an extremely creepy way to describe it while talking about the plot of a children's movie.

Likewise, the Le Fou plotline is nothing particulary interesting. But their language rightfully caught the attention of many parents.
i see. between here and fb, i misunderstood what all of the commotion was about. (i don't pay attention to pre-release hype from producers/directors/actors, so all of my info was secondhand.)

with that said..in my opinion, it was not a kids' movie. and i wouldn't take my hypothetical children to see it unless i had first watched it myself.

dumb statement du jour: a stadium's like a big building, right?

let me entertain you!
beanbag is offline   Reply With Quote