Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Sports & Outdoors
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-03-2017, 04:25 PM   #1
Chur Bro

Send a message via MSN to dogfood
7s

AnyOne else follow rugby 7s. Fiji won the gold medal last year in Rio. One of the fastest growing sports in the world. Currently living in Fiji, where this is their national sport. I however am a kiwi so I am a New Zealand fan.

Unread 02-03-2017, 05:46 PM   #2
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
I don't follow it, but I'll usually watch at least one match if it pops up on tv.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2017, 06:29 PM   #3
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
I had never really watched rugby until Rio, and I watched all the 7's I could. I LOVE THAT SPORT. It's on here, apparently, but you have to know when to catch it. I have not seen it since the Olympics, but I would love to see more.

I was a bit bummed that Jarryd Hayne didn't make the Fiji national team for the Olympics. I really wanted him to succeed in the NFL (because he was on my favorite team), and I was bummed when he chose to go back to Rugby. He could have been the best kick returner in the NFL if he had stayed, IMO.
Unread 02-03-2017, 09:19 PM   #4
Chur Bro

Send a message via MSN to dogfood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
I had never really watched rugby until Rio, and I watched all the 7's I could. I LOVE THAT SPORT. It's on here, apparently, but you have to know when to catch it. I have not seen it since the Olympics, but I would love to see more.

I was a bit bummed that Jarryd Hayne didn't make the Fiji national team for the Olympics. I really wanted him to succeed in the NFL (because he was on my favorite team), and I was bummed when he chose to go back to Rugby. He could have been the best kick returner in the NFL if he had stayed, IMO.
The USA team is really competitive. This week the circuit is in Sydney. Its in Las Vega in a fortnight i think.
Unread 02-04-2017, 06:59 AM   #5

You mentioned the growing popularity. Curiously, they have added Fantasy Rugby to the ESPN Fantasy Sports app. Never thought I would see that.
darfaz is offline   Reply With Quote