Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Amps & Effects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-18-2017, 10:40 AM   #16
The Elephant in Your Room

paid
Here it is all cabled up at practice (yesterday). Note the 4-cable snake coming off the board.

EDIT: Next on the to-buy list will be, probably in this order: noise gate (looking at TC Electronic Sentry, every demo/review video I've watched says it's the most versatile and better than even an ISP Decimator), wah (cry baby or VOX, they're both the same), and a mini tuner. Before I get any of those (with the exception of the Sentry) I need a cab, a guitar (still borrowing), and maybe to build a new board for my pedals. This one's feeling a tad cramped with all the cables.

forumrunner_20170618_114013.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSPrestonEsq View Post
...wives are expensive upkeep...

Last edited by Ben Toast; 06-18-2017 at 05:27 PM.
Ben Toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 06-18-2017, 05:47 PM   #17

paid
Also, a video showing why I like the volume pedal in the FX loop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cejjtSnZVO0

Quote:
Unread 06-19-2017, 05:26 AM   #18

Your board is looking GREAT!

If you could move the power supply underneath (do not know how much space you have), you would probably have room for the rest of what you want.

For the tuner, TC Electronic Polytune Mini is perfect. I just bought my dad one for Father's Day for his new board.
austinaw91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2017, 09:57 AM   #19

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaw91 View Post
Your board is looking GREAT!

If you could move the power supply underneath (do not know how much space you have), you would probably have room for the rest of what you want.

For the tuner, TC Electronic Polytune Mini is perfect. I just bought my dad one for Father's Day for his new board.
Thanks! I'm actually building a small platform that will go over the power supply and will make more room on the main board for the pedals I have now, as well as the addition of a wah. The reverb and looper will go on the platform which will make it easier to negotiate real estate on the rest of the board. I'm pretty happy with how this is turning out, considering just six(?) months ago I didn't have ANYTHING currently on my board but was rather borrowing a digitech screamin' blues and a boss me-50 running into a borrowed fender frontman.

Also, just added a Sentry noise gate. The software has a bit of a learning curve to it, which I'm still figuring out, but I'm super happy with how easy it is to customize your own three-band gate to maintain sustain on longer notes while still cutting things off quickly. Hoping to generate two custom toneprints to load into my phone; one for high-gain songs that will also allow decent room for clean parts, and another more gentle gate that will be designed specifically for songs that aren't high gain and need maximum sustain while still cutting noise when I stop playing.

As for how I've set up the Sentry, the guitar goes straight into the pedal's input while the compressor, pre-volume, tube screamer, and my head are all ran through the pedal's built-in effects loop for more efficient gating, and then it goes out into the delay, reverb, post-volume, and looper.

So my current signal chain looks something like this:

GUITAR -> Gate (loop out) ---> Comp -> Vol (1) -> OD -> AMP (loop out) -> (loop in) Gate -> Delay -> Verb -> Vol (2) -> Looper -> (loop in) AMP.

Because that's not confusing at all.
Attached Thumbnails
board_new_playing_1.jpg  

Quote: