Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Community > Introduce Yourself!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-24-2017, 11:15 AM   #1

I'm ziggy, hello!

Im 72 next birthday and a bass player 59 years. Did my first studio work when I was almost 14. I was what was called a "Sideman" for many many years. I toured with my own little unknown band supporting Evangelical churches around Europe and Scandinavia. We we were not rying to be famous. We saw it as our Mission field untill 1989 when we were attacked by Muslim Malitia in the former Yugoslavia. As an Evangelist from my first week as a Christian we were leading some praise for a group of mixed Christian/Muslims who had invited us in. The surprise attack destroyed all the bands equipment. I had a crushed skull and the bad guys did a good job smashing my left hand fingers with a pistol. IT has taken me 24 years to remember some of my music and due to PTSS my courage also. Now I am full on as an old man can be in Evangelism but struggle terribly with my music. My wife kept my collection of bass and amps we had in the UK so its all here with me in Spain although the Spanish don't seem to interested in my music, so I have no one to jam with.
That said I would love to find musicians new and old so we can help each other. Maybe jam on Skype or a similar site. I enjoy helping folks to get started and have given a lot of kit away (but thats another story)
Advice is free and as Christians we learn 'Knowledge brings responsibility' so I feel responsible to share what I know, and what I can!

I write lyrics easily and use MixCraft6 and WorshipBand Player. I'm thinking of down loading Band in a Box. I have the Trio Pedal that also uses BIABox software!

I lhave lived in Malaga 22 years with my family and spend some time with YouTube. My passion is to share the Gospels and be involved in Worship. My daughter and son in Law are very well known in Christian music, and I think most of us sing their worship and Praise songs in church and home most weeks. So I'm a very proud dad and grand father although we are many many thousands of miles apart they are in my prayers daily! I look forward to hearing from anyone who I may be able to help or who have some original ideas regarding using software to share and work together as an on air studio. TeamSpeak 2 or 3 is a great place to chat as a group and share sound bites, but it needs discipline or it becomes messy if folks try to talk and play. you can email me at ziggybass@gmail.com but please keep it simple and about music! Cheers

ziggybass is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-24-2017, 11:50 AM   #2
Deets Go Here

Welcome to CGR!

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer.
Your mother appears to have been infected by Kentl.
bravesfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2017, 12:07 PM   #3
Old School
Administrator

Welcome.

Good to have you here.
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2017, 01:09 PM   #4
Illegal Immigrant

Welcome to CGR! What is your daughter and son-in-laws music called? If you don't mind me asking.