Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Music & Musicians > Instruments > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2002, 04:35 AM   #1

Fishman ProEQ Platinum vs Sansamp Acoustic DI vs LR Baggs Para Acoustic DI

I'm considering buying an acoustic DI, to get a little more control of my acoustic sound through a PA. My Maton guitar already has a nice onboard preamp with bass/treble/volume/mid/mid-freq controls, and sounds good through a plain DI box, but I'm tempted by the smoothing/compression and other features offered by the combination preamp-DI boxes I mentioned in the subject line.

Does anyone have any comments on the above items? I can't really find any web articles comparing them, though I've seen plenty of positive comments about all three. And a few negative comments about all three.

I will soon be able to compare the Fishman and Sansamp, but my local dealers don't seem to carry the LR Baggs (they can order it).

The Fishman seems to have the most features (except no effects loop), and is maybe 10%cheaper than the Sansamp. After trying both I will probably have a preference (if I can't decide based on tone I guess I'll go with the cheaper Fishman), but I'm interested in comments from people who've used these things long term.

Thanks for any advice.

N.

N.tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2002, 09:25 AM   #2
Good Grief!!!

I'm surprised you can't find the LR Baggs in a store. That's about all I could find a few years back when I was shopping.... Anyway, I was finally able to compare the Baggs (which my roomate bought without knowing about SansAmp) to a SansAmp, and I went with the SansAmp. I usually don't even use the effects loop, though, so if the Fishman has the same tone for less money....hey.....you know.

I'm quite satisfied with the SansAmp Acoustic DI as is. Of course, I don't have any eq ability before the SansAmp (my Baggs ribbon is just a straight-up simple preamp), and so I really appreciate the power of the mid-range controls on the SansAmp. There was no contest between that and the "notch eq" knobs on the Baggs.....

Nate
nate95366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 04:43 PM   #3

I agree with Nate. SansAmp is a great DI. All are good products, and you can't lose either way. I would take the SansAmp
merrihew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 09:30 PM   #4

Dude! N!!!! I haven't seen you on here in like forever! I remember your from CGN! How's life????

Aaron
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote