Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Amps & Effects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-15-2017, 02:17 PM   #1

is it possible for analog effect make a guitar sound fake

I got criticism that my instruments sound fake. they did not say which ones but take it as all of my instruments. I made analog custom effect pedal. they did not say which one but I just hurt and shock by it since I own a real guitar
https://soundcloud.com/spark300c/lollipop-fuzz-demo-3

spark300c is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-15-2017, 05:08 PM   #2
Tired of being attacked

Yes, of course some people will say it sounds fake...

Some people will say this about any distortion, period. Others will for flanger, chorus or phaser.

My Life.
BillSPrestonEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2017, 02:26 AM   #3

that just wired that some one would think that distrion fuzz tone sound like a vst synth then.
Unread 01-16-2017, 02:35 AM   #4
Tired of being attacked

Not really, a lot of people call anything except stereotypical 60s guitar sound "fake."

My Life.
Unread 01-16-2017, 02:11 PM   #5
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Heck, a lot of people want their fuzz to make their guitar sound like a synth.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2017, 03:56 AM   #6

my that my problem this is custom pedal design where I can make it asymmetrically clip. the tone control in this pedal is in front of all gain stages so I can cut the bass which solves the fuzz being too basely issue. Since edm was popular I felt I need my guitar sound like synth to complete.
Unread 01-17-2017, 02:02 PM   #7
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark300c View Post
my that my problem this is custom pedal design where I can make it asymmetrically clip. the tone control in this pedal is in front of all gain stages so I can cut the bass which solves the fuzz being too basely issue. Since edm was popular I felt I need my guitar sound like synth to complete.
So you wanted your guitar to sound like a synth? Is that the goal? Are you playing EDM?

My Life.
Unread 01-18-2017, 02:56 AM   #8

Quote:
Are you playing EDM?
I not playing EDM. I play punk but I felt that rock was not popular because people hate the sound of electric guitars and did not sound happy enough. the articles on rock that one of reason why rock was not popular that no one was doing anything new with electric guitar. So I tried something new. how ever the vocaloid community never heard any punk in their lives. They treat like my music is form outer space. It does not matter over time I gotten better at instrumentals in terms of sound more like punk rock.I am not saying I good or anything.I just saying they do not know how punk should sound like. The vocaloid community mostly like depressing electric pop. Punk rock usually uses low production sound as an aesthetic. Rock music in the western vocaloid community is an endanger species.

Last edited by spark300c; 01-18-2017 at 04:54 AM.
Unread 01-18-2017, 01:26 PM   #9
Person

I'd never heard of the decline of pop music being due to people not liking the sound of guitar before. I just figure that there are simply other styles that currently capture more people's interest, rather than a dislike of rock.

I am someone that likes my guitar to sound like synth sometimes, although more due to a fascination with prog rock than with edm. It's funny, I think I could enjoy making edm a lot more than I enjoy listening to it.
to_be_released is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2017, 02:24 AM   #10

Quote:
I'd never heard of the decline of pop music being due to people not liking the sound of guitar before. I just figure that there are simply other styles that currently capture more people's interest, rather than a dislike of rock.
maybe just my flawed reasoning. I like rock because I like sound of distorted guitar.