Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-26-2016, 03:18 AM   #1

Used Price for small bodied acoustics

Hello,

I haven't been here in a while, been playing electrics. Well, it's time for a change. I need suggestions for small bodied acoustic with 24.75"+- scale. Preferably I want a body style that is full sounding like a Dred only smaller with short scale. Google searches gave me 'The BEST of' in a certain price range NEW. I want to stay in the $500+- USED price range. I would rather have the short scale but I have read here that tuning down a standard scale and using a capo will give me similar results without tone loss. (comments). I will stick to classic rock/easy listening Simon & Garfunkel/Fleetwood Mac type music with some blues thrown in.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks

AnPeter90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 12-27-2016, 09:48 PM   #2

That's a very specific request. Off the top of my head I think something like an Eastman OM would fit the bill. They are short scale, and very full sounding. Not a dreadnaught though. Eastman makes a couple of different models of OMs, but the cheapest are probably more like $600 used. That's where I would start.
darfaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2016, 09:52 PM   #3

Another option would be a Seagull mini jumbo. I think those are short scale, too.

Last edited by darfaz; 12-28-2016 at 06:44 AM.
darfaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2017, 03:20 PM   #4

Yamaha FS models start at $199 new and go up. They have a deep body and smaller waist and bouts. Their AC3* go for $400 used and are solid wood with a phenomenal preamp and neck.
Unread 01-10-2017, 03:17 PM   #5
Hey ya'll, watch this!

An Eastman OM would be wonderful, but at the upper reaches of your price range as the guys who buy them tend to like them. Another option that I've considered is one of the new Sigmas fitted with a JJ&B transducer pickup. That would probably be well within your budget. They make really nice stage guitars.
jeepnstein is offline   Reply With Quote