Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Technology
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-16-2016, 08:14 PM   #1
The Overheader

Samsung Stuff

So, I thought I'd bring up a thread about Samsung. I'm not exactly a total fan of Samsung, but I enjoy their price range and their products' quality (many might disagree though). It's pretty sad what happened with the Note7 recall (though the S8 is coming out like some time now). I honestly think the newest electronics aren't the best at all (this implies not just Samsung, but others as well). But I do remember people who owned a Note7 (or who liked the Note7 a lot) were so upset at the recall that they held on to their phone (even though Samsung completely discontinued and recalled all of their Note7 series). Another thing that's going to happen with Samsung is their Black Friday sale. It looks like their televisions are REALLY gonna go on sale (like a $5000 TV could go down to less than $1000). But their Black Friday sale might probably just gonna be online (which is safe for them and the customers). As far as their price range goes, it's definitely much more "affordable" compare to "high-priced" Apple. But though, there's limitations sadly. Many people complain that TouchWiz (Samsung's skin over Android; not stock-Android) happens to be slow (or sometimes non-responsive) on some of their devices. But, I think this is only if you go with their "cheaper" line of products. People may also like the "metal" design that Apple incorporates (other companies like Huawei & HTC has this as well) than Samsung's "plastic" design. Samsung though actually does have "metal" (or glass) design devices, but sadly there's like very few of them ). So, these are "most recent" facts (I think) about Samsung. There's definitely more, but I can't think of them at the moment.

So what's your take on Samsung? Do you like them? Do you think there's just OK? Or do you totally hate them?

These aren't the --->corgi's<--- you are looking for"

I might be young, or old, but i am a part of God. I have changed thanks to him. I came here for a reason, and i'm trying to make that reason last. I respect the Lord. Jesus is my savior. I am a believer

Even Christians Can Rock</My Blog>

This Journal is Awesome!

First Ever Thread
Laturus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 11-17-2016, 04:50 PM   #2
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
In my opinion, the Galaxy Note 7 was incredible. I would have gladly sacrificed a small bit of battery life to keep what I considered to be the best Smartphone made yet. As it is, I traded mine in for a S7 Edge. Which I also love.

The only thing I don't love is touch wiz. Before my Note 5, I had a Google Nexus 6. I love the way Google does the OS, and I have not liked any of the skins that other companies put on them. So, with my S7 Edge, I am using Google Now Launcher, which at least makes the home screen and app drawer more like the Nexus line.

One thing that could get me away from Samsung is if Google makes their next phone waterproof. As of now, I like that feature way too much to switch.

If it seems like I go through a lot of phones, it's because I do. My job is often very hard on phones, so I have a plan where I pay a little extra each month for the right to trade my phone in periodically.
Unread 11-17-2016, 09:34 PM   #3
The Overheader

Yeah, the Galaxy Note7 definitely had a lot of nice features (like an edged display and the same camera as the S7; not too mention a IP68 rating and Type-C charging).

I tried stock Android before (my old Insignia tablet), and I honestly wasn't too happy with it. I mean, I kinda have more experience and used TouchWiz for like 3 years now (Galaxy Tab 2 was the first). I can see liking stock-Android as far as no Software laying and updating to the latest Android OS. HTC Sense is one I can see not liking as much as stock-Android or TouchWiz. But, these are just my opinions.

Waterproofing is definitely nice. Motorola actually did make a phone with a IP67 rating (the Moto G4 I believe). But, others I'm not so sure about.

Anyway, I totally see what you mean about waterproofing and stock-Android.

I might be young, or old, but i am a part of God. I have changed thanks to him. I came here for a reason, and i'm trying to make that reason last. I respect the Lord. Jesus is my savior. I am a believer

This Journal is Awesome!

First Ever Thread

Last edited by Laturus; 11-17-2016 at 09:44 PM.
Unread 11-18-2016, 01:23 PM   #4
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
There's one very important conclusion that I have come to in regards to Android devices. Buy high end, or don't buy at all.
Unread 11-18-2016, 06:11 PM   #5
The Overheader

If it wasn't the Galaxy Tab A that I currently own now (which is cheap, somewhat poor on Internet browsing, & not the best), it would've been the Galaxy Tab S2 (which is high-end basically). Not too mention, I really the S5 when it comes to Samsung smartphones (or the S6). They both have nice Super AMOLED displays, fantastic cameras, and have great designs (though the S6 doesn't incorporate an SD card). But, I don't have a wallet THAT big .

Yeah, Android devices do work better on high-end devices. Because there's definitely less laging, screen resolution is TREMENDOUSLY better (so is the camera), and the OS is smoother.

This Journal is Awesome!

First Ever Thread
Unread 11-19-2016, 08:42 PM   #6
Basically... run.

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
There's one very important conclusion that I have come to in regards to Android devices. Buy high end, or don't buy at all.
Wellllllllllllll... depends what you're after and what you expect of it. But for most consumers I would agree.

Bass - Yamaha TRBX 505, Yamaha RBX 375
Acoustic Guitars - Ovation Celebrity Deluxe CC48, J. Watson & Co. WD150TB, J&D Luthier
Electric Guitars - Fender Classic '72 Telecaster Thinline (2007), Maton Mastersound, Epiphone Les Paul Studio Chameleon, SX VTG Series Tele copy, Ibanez SA
Guitar Amp - Fender Mustang IV V2
Bass Amp - Behringer Ultrabass BXL1800A
Gear - POD HD500X, Zoom G9.2tt, Zoom B9.1ut, Boss DD-20

Warning: This journal may contain diary

But He was pierced for our transgressions
He was crushed for our iniquities;
The punishment that brought us peace was upon Him,
And by His wounds we are healed.
Giga Hertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2016, 10:18 PM   #7
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Hertz View Post
Wellllllllllllll... depends what you're after and what you expect of it. But for most consumers I would agree.
Anything low end I've ever had that is Android has only disappointed and frustrated me. My life changed when I bought my Note 3.
Unread 11-19-2016, 10:35 PM   #8
The Overheader

I'll tell you, my Samsung Galaxy Tab A is probably WAY better when it come to low end Samsung devices (though they called the Galaxy Tab A "mid-range"). Samsung's low tablets to have mediocre cameras (3MP FF "fixed-focus"), terrible performance, and bad resolution screens. I can't honestly say the Galaxy Tab A is a step above most of Samsung's low ends (to even mid-range) tablets, but it's definitely one that I can find better than those tablets.

But if go way down there with low end Android tablets (under $100), you're REALLY gonna find it a major disappointment (unless you're REALLY wanted something not too complicated, and willing to sacrifice a LOT for it). So, I guess they just made those not necessarily for EVERYTHING, but for specific reasons.

This Journal is Awesome!

First Ever Thread