Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Technology
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-11-2016, 10:20 AM   #1
is still learning...

Church Website using WordPress

My church has decided to renovate our website, and have gone with utilizing the main domination's offer which uses Word Press. I know nothing about Word Press, but perhaps it's much like Blogger, which I set up a few years ago, when I first attempted to create a website for us.

My question for you; Do any of you folks attend churches that utilize a wordpress website? If you don't mind sharing a link so I could check out the features, and if you happen to know what "theme" the site is developed on? There seem to be SO many themes available, and of course I'm searching for one that is a free download.

Thanks in advance for any advice for this noob.

TunerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 10-12-2016, 12:38 PM   #2
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
I think my church is. It says the theme was designed by Croma. I'm not sure what that means specifically. New Vision Christian Fellowship | Sermons, media and anything else we can squeeze into a podcast!

My podcast website, 60cyclehumcast.com, also uses Wordpress. I'm not 100% sure of the theme. I know we paid for it though.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2016, 12:45 PM   #3
\_(ツ)_/

My church uses wordpress. I am in charge of it, but I haven't played around with it that much. i've mostly changed stuff here and there. It is not that complex as long as you don't require very advanced things
Unread 10-13-2016, 06:36 PM   #4
is still learning...

I've searched YouTube and found lots of great tutorials, and I think I'll end up beginning with the theme "Vantage". There are just so many to choose from it can get overwhelming.

Thanks for the responses.
Unread 10-13-2016, 06:38 PM   #5
is still learning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
I think my church is. It says the theme was designed by Croma. I'm not sure what that means specifically. New Vision Christian Fellowship | Sermons, media and anything else we can squeeze into a podcast!

My podcast website, 60cyclehumcast.com, also uses Wordpress. I'm not 100% sure of the theme. I know we paid for it though.
Thanks for the great link. I love the layout and concise descriptions for new visitors. I hadn't thought about including such a link, but now I see where that would be very important. I believe the website is the new front door for any church, as new folks in town will likely check out the web, before they attend their first service.

Thanks again.