Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-27-2016, 07:44 PM   #1

My favorite guitar

Alrighty, lets see what's out there. I know that there are guitar lovers of all sorts here and was wondering how many would chime in and show some pictures of your favorite guitar. You don't have to give reasons for it being your favorite if you don't want to but it is definitely welcome. Hopefully this hasn't been done anytime in the near past but I haven't seen ii if it has.

Mine is my Jackson Frankencastor. I Named it Olic because of a sticker that was supposed to say "Police" on it had two letters fall off and the rest stayed...I thought it was kind of cool so I left it. Anyhoo, it became a very special axe to me a few years back when I was involved in an accident at work that literally kept me off of my feet for about 6 months with a shattered knee and I didn't have much else to do--which is also when I found out about this forum. I started with changing the pickups with a set of EMG 81, S and SA. It now ahs an EMG 81TW SA SA set in it. I then got my hands on an eighties Jackson JT-6 bridge and routed the body for it to become a full floating bridge because the bridge was too tall for the neck pocket and I didn't want to shim the neck. That started me building the creation that it has become now. I have now put in a switch to change from 9V to 18V, a lighted momentay kill switch for the machine gun sound. It also has a Hipshot Tremsetter in the back and I also fabricated my own version of a Fat sustain block out of solid copper. I admit that it isn't the prettiest thing, in fact, it looks kind of like it has been dug out of a dumpster but it plays like a dream and has a really great sound for the way I play. Also, the metal plate that is screwed into the side is the plate that the doctor used to hold the bone together in my knee when it was broken. It was taken out on the second surgery on that knee. Now that I am getting ready for surgery number 6 I find myself leaning toward that guitar more and more lately.

R1ridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-27-2016, 07:48 PM   #2

Here are some pics that I couldn't upload from my computer at my desk.

forumrunner_20160927_204639.png

forumrunner_20160927_204703.png

forumrunner_20160927_204727.png

forumrunner_20160927_204756.png

forumrunner_20160927_204819.png

Last edited by R1ridr; 09-27-2016 at 09:10 PM.
Unread 09-27-2016, 07:56 PM   #3

I missed one that I thought was in the first set.

forumrunner_20160927_205612.png

Last edited by R1ridr; 09-27-2016 at 09:56 PM.
Unread 10-01-2016, 08:56 AM   #4

Mine is my old Standard Faded LP. I've had it for about 7 years now, and it seems like yesterday when I first put my hands on it. I worked a long time to make that purchase, but it has been worth every penny so far!

Gojo03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2016, 10:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojo03 View Post
Mine is my old Standard Faded LP. I've had it for about 7 years now, and it seems like yesterday when I first put my hands on it. I worked a long time to make that purchase, but it has been worth every penny so far!
Very Nice.

My next one would be my Charvel. I got this one about four and a half years ago. I even recorded the song my wife walked down the aisle to on our wedding day. I set it up with a Babicz Tune-O-Matic and a solid brass stop tail both of which fully contact the body. Also a set of EMG 85 and 60 pickups.

forumrunner_20161006_233517.png

forumrunner_20161006_233640.png

forumrunner_20161006_233727.png

Last edited by R1ridr; 10-07-2016 at 01:05 AM.
Unread 10-07-2016, 10:38 AM   #6
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
I don't know what my favorite is. I just grab whatever I happen to be feeling that day.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2016, 02:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
I don't know what my favorite is. I just grab whatever I happen to be feeling that day.
I am getting that way more and more. Those two are just the ones that I really bonded with (sentimentally) over the last several years.
Unread 10-07-2016, 09:15 PM   #8
Saved sinner

Send a message via Skype™ to a.n.v.i.l.
Very nice guitars gentlemen. For the last 6 years or so, I have kept it down to only one electric guitar so I was making sure I really love it. For the past three years I didn't have any guitar at all and that was very hard for me.

So you can probably imagine how excited I'm to have a guitar! I had a brief episode with a AXL Badwater 1218 (LP style guitar) which was a great guitar for a LP style guitar. But I found out that it wasn't for me. The shorter scale and the narrow neck profile was actually hurting my chording hand. I traded the AXL for a LTD M-10. What a amazing guitar! It sounds really great, the neck is the most comfortable neck I've owned so far and it's such a value, it plays and sounds at least as good as guitars twice that expensive.
Attached Thumbnails
img_0572.jpg  
Unread 10-11-2016, 01:05 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
Mine take turns.
Unread 10-11-2016, 09:32 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedman View Post

Mine take turns.
Though I still maintain that my faves are the Jackson and Charvel...I have been playing my white Strat a lot more than any of the others lately since I got the new p'ups put in it with the custom wiring.

« NGD | My New Strat »