Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-26-2016, 07:45 PM   #1

Dual Pedals

So I was looking at my pedal board and was trying to come up with a little more room. Not that I am trying to add anymore pedals to it right now but just trying to clean it up a little. I started thinking about the idea of combining a couple pedals into one box and came up with the idea (actually I think I may have read it here a long time ago) of a BDAB and a L'il Eagle in in one enclosure. I also put in an order switcher to change the linearity of the signal. So now I can either boost the dirt or drive the boost. (The BDAB gives more headroom to the Eagle) I think it turned out pretty cool.

R1ridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-26-2016, 07:51 PM   #2

Here are a couple pics. The right side is the BDAB the left is the L'il Eagle. The knobs are volume, tone, drive, boost.

forumrunner_20160926_204742.png

forumrunner_20160926_205133.png

The second picture is before I got everything cleaned up and secured inside.
Unread 09-26-2016, 10:24 PM   #3
charis humin kai eirene

paid
Like Minds

Hey R1ridr,

I like! I had a similar thought, making a vintage TubeScreamer TS808 circuit feed into an original spec Way Huge Red Llama (near-fuzz OD). Both are tweaked with oversize caps where I could get them in. As expected, the TS is very middy, very British, and the WHRL is gainy American rock. I didn't bother with any kind of order-swithching ... the Red Llama doesn't play nicely in front of others. The reverse is great! The switches are Fujisoku soft-touch, very quiet and smooth. The green and red LEDs express the character of the circuits nicely.

Rock on, bro!

cj

charisjapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2016, 10:21 AM   #4

Hey CJ,
That is a nice looking build. I have several other pedals that I have either built our modded...in fact there just about isn't anything in my guitar room that I haven't berry inside of at some point. I only put the l'il eagle/bdab up here because Eric's stuff is so popular here but here are a couple others I have recently finished. The first is a delay pedal that I call the Cosmic Ocean...the knobs light up to indicate power as well as tempo and subdivision. It has a quarter note/eighth note/dotted eighth note switch as well as a double speed switch and modulation.

forumrunner_20160929_110709.png

forumrunner_20160929_110810.png

forumrunner_20160929_110837.png
The red is power the green is tempo and the blue is subdivision.

This one is an original MXR Envelope Filter that I modded slightly (it can be reversed of I ever decide to sell it to a purist). I made it true bypass to avoid tone sucking and added LEDs inside of a 3D printed ring as a power indicator. Now I looks like something out of a Tron movie.
Also the power cord is a One Spot 9V adapter so I didn't have to change the battery snap.

forumrunner_20160929_111732.png

forumrunner_20160929_111813.png

forumrunner_20160929_111852.png
Unread 09-29-2016, 11:29 AM   #5
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Man...this just reinforces the fact that I need to find a way to clear enough space to start building stuff.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2016, 10:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
Man...this just reinforces the fact that I need to find a way to clear enough space to start building stuff.
Here you go Steve. This one is a BYOC Envelope Filter/Fixed Wah that I modded and rehoused in a 1590bb box. I changed the toggle switch to a stomper. The third switch changes to a third option...a light actuated wah pedal expressed with a light dependant resistor.

This is before... when it was all in the original box with toggle switches.

forumrunner_20161002_112748.png

This is the finished product. The LDR is a satalite so I can keep it away from my board a bit and keep it flat.

forumrunner_20161002_113218.png

So actually I guess this one could be considered a triple pedal. ?dd18?de09

Last edited by R1ridr; 10-18-2016 at 08:23 AM.