Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Deeper Issues > Current Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-17-2016, 11:38 PM   #1
Obnoxodox

paid
Fentanyl epidemic in street drugs

...is this happening in anyone elses town, or is this just a crazy Vancouver thing? It's got to the point where paramedics are carrying Naloxone and the BC Ministry of Health is even training non-paramedics to use Naloxone kits.

(Fentanyl is an opioid narcotic that is something like 100x more potent than morphine, such that a microscopic amount tainting something like an ecstasy pill could easily kill a person)

Fentanyl overdoses spike among recreational drug users in B.C. - British Columbia - CBC News

IsaactheSyrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-18-2016, 07:45 AM   #2
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
The US is getting slammed by it, too. My area that I work is seeing an increase in overdoses -- it's been crazy. Word is that some people are going beyond fentanyl and lacing their heroin with elephant tranquilizer. It's just a whole level of bad.

Donate blood and save up to three lives! Skeptical or curious about the facts? Please click here and find out from the experts!
DaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2016, 08:19 AM   #3
and you were wondering??
Administrator

paid
This sounds pretty scary.

Why do people experiment with these types of drugs? Is this much cheaper to use?

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Uptown Thrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2016, 08:37 AM   #4
Obnoxodox

paid
It's terrifying. Some of my friends who are into the 'alt-scene' (not sure what else to call it?) who might be prone to use party drugs have been taking advantage of the free Naloxone kit training that the government is now offering to anyone who has regular contact with drug users, because Fentanyl is in everything.

I have no idea why a street drug dealer would be cutting his product with Fentanyl, because it's just as likely to kill the end user as get them high.

ETA: this article says it's because Fentanyl in particular is very easy to synthesize from common, OTC drugs.

IsaactheSyrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2016, 08:43 AM   #5
and you were wondering??
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaactheSyrian View Post
It's terrifying. Some of my friends who are into the 'alt-scene' (not sure what else to call it?) who might be prone to use party drugs have been taking advantage of the free Naloxone kit training that the government is now offering to anyone who has regular contact with drug users, because Fentanyl is in everything.

I have no idea why a street drug dealer would be cutting his product with Fentanyl, because it's just as likely to kill the end user as get them high.

ETA: this article says it's because Fentanyl in particular is very easy to synthesize from common, OTC drugs.
Another good reason to legalise drugs, maybe?

If there is regulation, perhaps stuff wouldn't br laced with such a disturbingly nasty drug...

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Uptown Thrunk is offline   Reply With Quote