Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Sports & Outdoors
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-06-2017, 05:44 AM   #106
on rye
 
Reuben's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2002
Location: The Old Dominion
Posts: 1,913
Woot woot!

That was absolutely unbelievable. It is never over till it's over.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 02-06-2017, 08:09 AM   #107
Registered User
 
darfaz's Avatar
 

Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Coal City, IL
Posts: 569
I think it would be hard to argue against Brady being the Greatest of all time.
darfaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2017, 08:35 AM   #108
Deets Go Here
 
bravesfan007's Avatar
 

Joined: Jul 2002
Location: Right Behind You
Posts: 14,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by darfaz View Post
I think it would be hard to argue against Brady being the Greatest of all time.
Deflate Gate.

Once a cheater, always a cheater.
__________________
If you are offended by most posts, please do not feel alone. I am an equal opportunity offender. I will offend everyone.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer.
Your mother appears to have been infected by Kentl.
bravesfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2017, 10:21 AM   #109
The Elephant in Your Room
 
Ben Toast's Avatar
 

Joined: Feb 2011
Location: The Monks
Posts: 5,029
paid
What a game that was, though.
__________________
I hope that all is well in heaven, 'cause it's all shot to hell down here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSPrestonEsq View Post
...wives are expensive upkeep...
Ben Toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2017, 04:31 PM   #110
Art
Superfly.
Administrator
 
Art's Avatar
 

Joined: May 2002
Location: Northern California
Posts: 41,603
paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by darfaz View Post
I think it would be hard to argue against Brady being the Greatest of all time.
Not that hard.

Joe Montana never threw a pick six in a Super Bowl. He never threw any kind of pick in a Super Bowl. He also never lost.

Brady wouldn't have even won this one if the Falcons had shown some clock management. Three runs up the middle and a field goal.

Beyond that, deflated balls, the tuck rule, spygate... Many of his Super Bowl wins have come with strings attached.

Plus, it's a pretty subjective (and hard to define) thing. He doesn't play defense or special teams, and there are 10 other guys out there with him on offense. Way too much is put on the QB.


It was a great comeback, but it was as much a loss by the Falcons as a win by the Patriots.
__________________
Flickr.
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2017, 06:32 PM   #111
Hipper Than Thou
Administrator
 
Leboman's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Geezerville
Posts: 56,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Not that hard.

Joe Montana never threw a pick six in a Super Bowl. He never threw any kind of pick in a Super Bowl. He also never lost.

Brady wouldn't have even won this one if the Falcons had shown some clock management. Three runs up the middle and a field goal.

Beyond that, deflated balls, the tuck rule, spygate... Many of his Super Bowl wins have come with strings attached.

Plus, it's a pretty subjective (and hard to define) thing. He doesn't play defense or special teams, and there are 10 other guys out there with him on offense. Way too much is put on the QB.


It was a great comeback, but it was as much a loss by the Falcons as a win by the Patriots.
Couldn't you also argue that Brady didn't have Jerry Rice?

__________________
Nothing (Without You)
Nothing (Without You) on YouTube
Granville Center Church of Christ Sermons
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2017, 07:03 PM   #112
Art
Superfly.
Administrator
 
Art's Avatar
 

Joined: May 2002
Location: Northern California
Posts: 41,603
paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leboman View Post
Couldn't you also argue that Brady didn't have Jerry Rice?

Yes, but that's kind of my point. There are an unbelievable number of variables that go into it.
__________________
Flickr.
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2017, 07:48 AM   #113
Hipper Than Thou
Administrator
 
Leboman's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Geezerville
Posts: 56,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Yes, but that's kind of my point. There are an unbelievable number of variables that go into it.
Given that, one could possibly argue Brady's case.

Mind you, I DESPISE the Patriots. However, I cannot deny his talent. Same goes for Montana and those accursed 49ers.


__________________
Nothing (Without You)
Nothing (Without You) on YouTube
Granville Center Church of Christ Sermons
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2017, 12:17 PM   #114
on rye
 
Reuben's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2002
Location: The Old Dominion
Posts: 1,913
I'm just here to remind everybody that Tom Brady has five rings and have a good lol.



Ok. That's all.
Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2017, 12:20 PM   #115
on rye
 
Reuben's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2002
Location: The Old Dominion
Posts: 1,913
Actually, on a more touching note:

Edelman to Brady: "For your mom—for your mom, bro."

Go ahead Patriots haters. Hate on that.
Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2017, 02:38 PM   #116
Hipper Than Thou
Administrator
 
Leboman's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Geezerville
Posts: 56,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
I'm just here to remind everybody that Tom Brady has five rings and have a good lol.



Ok. That's all.
He's not the first.



Charles Haley

Oh yeah, the other guy didn't cheat to get his.

__________________
Nothing (Without You)
Nothing (Without You) on YouTube
Granville Center Church of Christ Sermons
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2017, 04:03 PM   #117
on rye
 
Reuben's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2002
Location: The Old Dominion
Posts: 1,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leboman View Post
He's not the first.



Charles Haley
I know , and...

Quote:
Oh yeah, the other guy didn't cheat to get his.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2017, 07:03 PM   #118
Art
Superfly.
Administrator
 
Art's Avatar
 

Joined: May 2002
Location: Northern California
Posts: 41,603
paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
I know , and...



It's happened too many times for you and the rest of the fanbase to be so dismissive of it.

Also, he shouldn't have even been in the Super Bowl the second time. (Tuck rule. Such utter nonsense.)

Also, he lost to Eli Freaking Manning. SO that's worth... what... -3 Super Bowl rings.

So, basically, he won a Super Bowl once. Big deal. So did Joe Flacco.
__________________
Flickr.
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2017, 12:36 PM   #119
on rye
 
Reuben's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2002
Location: The Old Dominion
Posts: 1,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
It's happened too many times for you and the rest of the fanbase to be so dismissive of it.

Also, he shouldn't have even been in the Super Bowl the second time. (Tuck rule. Such utter nonsense.)

Also, he lost to Eli Freaking Manning. SO that's worth... what... -3 Super Bowl rings.

So, basically, he won a Super Bowl once. Big deal. So did Joe Flacco.
Like I said—I came back for a good lol. You have made it a great one.

I salute you.
Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:41 PM.


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2