Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Sports & Outdoors
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-08-2016, 05:51 PM   #46
Old School
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
And, as usual, Seattle fans have excuses for the bad calls, even after just last week talking about how the system is so rigged against them, and bad calls happen against them constantly.

Last night did not change my mind about Richard Sherman. I do not, I never did, and I never will like the way he plays the game.
He knew EXACTLY what he was doing. He even commented on how he can play until the whistle. He used the crappy officiating as a chance for a cheap shot.

My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 11-08-2016, 06:08 PM   #47
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leboman View Post
I don't know that it affected the final outcome of the game but there was some horrible officiating in that Seattle/Buffalo game last night. Some of it was the same old-same old mess but there were some truly TERRIBLE calls by the striped ones.
Colin Cowherd talked about this on his show this morning and basically stated that the issue with Seattle is that they're so hyper-aggressive that the refs can't keep up with the number of infractions they make on any given play.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2016, 07:04 PM   #48
Old School
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
Colin Cowherd talked about this on his show this morning and basically stated that the issue with Seattle is that they're so hyper-aggressive that the refs can't keep up with the number of infractions they make on any given play.
I saw that.

Dude...you're getting ready to hit 30,000 posts.

Unread 11-09-2016, 12:25 PM   #49
Administrator

Quote:
I saw that.

Dude...you're getting ready to hit 30,000 posts.

Yeah...I'll probably break 30k by the end of the NFL season, haha. I'm not too active elsewhere.

I'm a podcaster
Unread 11-09-2016, 02:49 PM   #50
Old School
Administrator

I saw someone (can't remember who now) say that Pittsburgh will "soundly" (the word he used) defeat Dallas this weekend.

I know I wear blue and silver tinted glasses but I don't see it. The Steelers may win but I don't think it will be a "sound" defeat.

Thoughts?
Unread 11-09-2016, 02:53 PM   #51
Deets Go Here

I can see a win, but I don't think it will be a beat down.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer.
Your mother appears to have been infected by Kentl.
bravesfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2016, 05:04 PM   #52
Administrator

I think I took Dallas to win in my office pool.

I'm a podcaster
Unread 11-10-2016, 05:23 AM   #53
is still learning...

Quote:
I saw someone (can't remember who now) say that Pittsburgh will "soundly" (the word he used) defeat Dallas this weekend.

I know I wear blue and silver tinted glasses but I don't see it. The Steelers may win but I don't think it will be a "sound" defeat.

Thoughts?
I've watched Pitt, more than Dallas this season, and while they did beat down my Chiefs, I don't think they are that good of a team, just caught KC on a very bad day for them. If forced to place a bet on that game, my money would be on Dallas to win outright.
TunerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2016, 09:41 AM   #54
Old School
Administrator

I'm biased. I'm a die-hard, life-long Cowboys fan. I believe they will win. However, I do understand that they could have a bad game of Pittsburgh could have a great game. Either way, I don't see the Steelers blowing them out.
Unread 11-14-2016, 11:26 AM   #55
Old School
Administrator

Quote:
I'm biased. I'm a die-hard, life-long Cowboys fan. I believe they will win. However, I do understand that they could have a bad game of Pittsburgh could have a great game. Either way, I don't see the Steelers blowing them out.
What a game.

Loved the trick play by the Steelers and was pretty sure that was going to be enough. I guess I underestimated my boys.

The Seahawks beating the Patriots later was like icing on the cake
Unread 11-14-2016, 11:58 AM   #56
Administrator

Romo is apparently going to be active this week and is open to being the backup. From the Cowboys' front office perspective, it makes sense to let Dak's stock rise as high as it can, then decide at the end of the season who they want to keep going forward. There are plenty of teams around that would benefit from picking up either Prescott or Romo in the offseason.

I'm a podcaster
Unread 11-14-2016, 12:03 PM   #57
Old School
Administrator

Quote:
Romo is apparently going to be active this week and is open to being the backup. From the Cowboys' front office perspective, it makes sense to let Dak's stock rise as high as it can, then decide at the end of the season who they want to keep going forward. There are plenty of teams around that would benefit from picking up either Prescott or Romo in the offseason.
I will say it right here and right now and any of you can call me on it in the future if need be.

IF we get to the end of this season (regardless of what happens from today on out) and Prescott is not back NEXT season...well...I won't be pulling for the Cowboys again. It is obvious (whether you love Romo or not) that Dak is the future of this team. I guess he could get hurt and Romo could step back in and light it up but I don't think of us believe that is going to happen. Unless he gets arrested, loses an appendage, or totally disses the fan, Prescott deserves to be our QB.
Unread 11-14-2016, 09:33 PM   #58
is still learning...

Quote:
I will say it right here and right now and any of you can call me on it in the future if need be.

IF we get to the end of this season (regardless of what happens from today on out) and Prescott is not back NEXT season...well...I won't be pulling for the Cowboys again. It is obvious (whether you love Romo or not) that Dak is the future of this team. I guess he could get hurt and Romo could step back in and light it up but I don't think of us believe that is going to happen. Unless he gets arrested, loses an appendage, or totally disses the fan, Prescott deserves to be our QB.
Being he's a rookie, I assume they have him locked down for at least 3-4 years, and likely much, much less expensive than Romo. That money could be used elsewhere to build the team overall, and make them Super Bowl contenders. That's how teams suddenly become great, a young Russell Wilson propelled Seattle, when he was making a lower salary. You might remember prior to Wilson's rookie season, Seattle's GM and Coach flew to Denver during Peyton's job-hunting visit, to try to lure him to Seattle. Even they didn't know yet that they already had a future starter.

Finding a franchise QB in later rounds is the NFL equivalent of winning the lottery,
Unread 11-15-2016, 01:59 AM   #59
Administrator

The Seahawks also dropped a ton of money on Matt Flynn based on one incredible game filling in for Aaron Rodgers.

I'm a podcaster
Unread 11-15-2016, 09:59 AM   #60
is still learning...

Quote:
The Seahawks also dropped a ton of money on Matt Flynn based on one incredible game filling in for Aaron Rodgers.
Yeah, I'd forgotten about that. Didn't he end up back with the Packers later? Kind of like Knile Davis was traded to the Packers by KC earlier this season, and somehow ended back in KC before the year is even finished.