Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Community > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-11-2016, 02:36 PM   #1
Banned

What are your thoughts on this?

I can't GIVE my Fender P Bass away. Granted, there are a few caveats -low income, serious about becoming/being a good bass player, preferably a youth. OR I will sell it and donate the $ to charity.

I will not use Craig's list or eBay because there are way too many scammers. I have put the word out to colleagues, churches, guys that play in bands and nada, zip, zilch.

I can understand not being able to sell it for the asking price but nobody has even asked me my bottom line on it. I would think someone would at least ask about it but not one single query yet.

So, what gives? Are there truly no impoverished young budding musicians? Do people not believe me? Is it too narrow a niche?

So, what are your thoughts? And do you have any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
img_20160707_200350.jpg  

cubeguvna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 07-11-2016, 03:46 PM   #2
Old School
Administrator

I would have already bought it but I am just not in the financial position to purchase it now. I think your price is reasonable.
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.

Last edited by Leboman; 07-11-2016 at 04:23 PM.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2016, 04:16 PM   #3
Banned

Thanks, dude. Yeah, things are tight right now for most of us, I definitely get that. My wife told me last night, "maybe God wants you to keep it". I kind of hope so because I really dig it, I think I just want something easier to handle, though.
Unread 07-11-2016, 05:52 PM   #4
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
It might be too small of a group to just ask people you know. I mean, I have a semi-collection of instruments, but I tend to not ask about prices if I'm not in a position to buy. I could imagine that it's possible for a bunch of people in your group to just not be in a position to buy.

I've done Craigslist a ton. If your local market is active, then you open yourself to a much larger audience. As far as scammers go, 99% of scammers follow a set, very predictable, pattern.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2016, 06:05 PM   #5
Banned

Good points, thesteve. I guess I'm the same way about not asking price if I'm not in a position to buy now that you mention it.

I may have no choice but to do CL. Since I'm in Artesia it would most likely have to go to El Paso or Albuquerque.

Thanks for the insight.