Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-22-2016, 05:55 AM   #1

NGD

I'd waited to see the new Revstar Models in person but no stores in my area have them so I ordered my first guitar online. Yamaha Revstar 502T should arrive via FedEx any minute. Will post pics and give my feedback on how it plays, sounds etc. The reviews have all been stellar. We shall see.
Attached Thumbnails
img_20160622_1634583.jpg  

Last edited by mathminnick31; 06-22-2016 at 09:10 PM.
mathminnick31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 06-23-2016, 09:28 PM   #2

It's great. I don't know why I waited so long to buy one. Very quality instrument. Every little thing done to the controls produces noticeable differences in tone. The P90s are great. It's a bit hefty but so are Les Paul's. Tuners are nice though the gear ratio could be a little higher. Fit and finish is great. Fretwork is perfect. Only a few minor changes needed to be made for the setup. Had to better intonate the G and D strings and do a little work to the nut and back off the truss rod a bit. The P90s have a nice fat fuzzy tone that humbuckers provide. The gig bag is pretty nice though I wish it had a hard case. Anyway, I'm having a blast playing it and it is night and day a way better quality instrument than any other I've ever had the honor of owning.
Unread 06-23-2016, 10:04 PM   #3
Basically... run.

paid
I've never tried a Yamaha electric guitar, but I've always been curious as to how they play. I quite like my bass (to the extent that if I ever have to replace it, I would find the exact same/similar model and just order it without asking any questions).

Actually, the guy I bought my Maton Mastersound off said he was replacing it with a Yamaha of some description. Considering how expensive Mastersounds retail for (and how good they sound), Yamaha must be making some pretty good higher end stuff.

Bass - Yamaha TRBX 505, Yamaha RBX 375
Acoustic Guitars - Ovation Celebrity Deluxe CC48, J. Watson & Co. WD150TB, J&D Luthier
Electric Guitars - Fender Classic '72 Telecaster Thinline (2007), Maton Mastersound, Epiphone Les Paul Studio Chameleon, SX VTG Series Tele copy, Ibanez SA
Guitar Amp - Fender Mustang IV V2
Bass Amp - Behringer Ultrabass BXL1800A
Gear - POD HD500X, Zoom G9.2tt, Zoom B9.1ut, Boss DD-20

Warning: This journal may contain diary

But He was pierced for our transgressions
He was crushed for our iniquities;
The punishment that brought us peace was upon Him,
And by His wounds we are healed.
Giga Hertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2016, 10:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Hertz View Post
I've never tried a Yamaha electric guitar, but I've always been curious as to how they play. I quite like my bass (to the extent that if I ever have to replace it, I would find the exact same/similar model and just order it without asking any questions).

Actually, the guy I bought my Maton Mastersound off said he was replacing it with a Yamaha of some description. Considering how expensive Mastersounds retail for (and how good they sound), Yamaha must be making some pretty good higher end stuff.
The higher end stuff is really good and still at half the price of the industry standard brands. I sound like a broken record touting the quality of Yamaha and feel like I have to defend them but the fact that many retailers carry them speaks to their quality. Even their entry level stuff is good. I just got an RS320 and though it is not as well built as the 502T, it is still better than most $600 Epi LP studios I've seen and played and as good or better than ESP LTD 256 in fit and finish.

The TRBX 5 series are very nice basses. I was going to get a 3-series but after seeing the 5- series, I think I'd shell out the extra coin as the higher models are much better quality for the money in my opinion.