Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Deeper Issues > Prayer Requests & Testimonies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-15-2016, 09:28 PM   #1
now a spiced muffin.
Administrator

paid
brother and job search

my brother is 25, a college grad and has been looking for a job for quite a while. he has been pretty depressed with the lack of work in our hometown, and had some really promising opportunities fall through. plus, his long-term girlfriend whom he planned to marry broke up with him definitely/permanently.

he told me earlier he wished he'd returned with me to my home after a family event in so cal this weekend, so i encouraged him to look for work up here. lo and behold, i found a job that he would be perfect for, which is 10 minutes from my house.

he is really excited that he qualifies and that the work would be perfect for him. (suicide prevention program manager at the local army base.) he is passionate about servicemen and women and vets, and about mental heath, and did a chaplaincy internship as part of his undergrad in sociology, so it truly would be a great fit. serving as a civilian chaplain is about the closest he can ever come to serving in the military because of medical constraints, which is something he really wanted to do.

so, this is a really long backstory to my prayer request. please pray that if this is the right thing, he would get the job. if not, please pray that he would find the right job. and, if it is a job that enables him to live with me, all the better because i could use a roommate but won't live with strangers again.

thanks friends!

dumb statement du jour: a stadium's like a big building, right?

let me entertain you!
beanbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 07-04-2016, 07:13 PM   #2
OG Spinning Chinchilla
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbag View Post
my brother is 25, a college grad and has been looking for a job for quite a while. he has been pretty depressed with the lack of work in our hometown, and had some really promising opportunities fall through. plus, his long-term girlfriend whom he planned to marry broke up with him definitely/permanently.

he told me earlier he wished he'd returned with me to my home after a family event in so cal this weekend, so i encouraged him to look for work up here. lo and behold, i found a job that he would be perfect for, which is 10 minutes from my house.

he is really excited that he qualifies and that the work would be perfect for him. (suicide prevention program manager at the local army base.) he is passionate about servicemen and women and vets, and about mental heath, and did a chaplaincy internship as part of his undergrad in sociology, so it truly would be a great fit. serving as a civilian chaplain is about the closest he can ever come to serving in the military because of medical constraints, which is something he really wanted to do.

so, this is a really long backstory to my prayer request. please pray that if this is the right thing, he would get the job. if not, please pray that he would find the right job. and, if it is a job that enables him to live with me, all the better because i could use a roommate but won't live with strangers again.

thanks friends!

Any update on this Sabs?
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2016, 07:19 PM   #3
Super Mom

paid
I missed this prayer request. How is he doing?
Unread 07-07-2016, 09:21 AM   #4
Hipper Than Thou
Administrator

I missed this as well.

Praying that God works things out for the absolute best.
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2016, 11:14 AM   #5
now a spiced muffin.
Administrator

paid
thank you friends. he's still looking.

dumb statement du jour: a stadium's like a big building, right?

let me entertain you!
beanbag is offline   Reply With Quote