Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Community > CGR Members' Art, Music & Literature
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-25-2016, 01:10 PM   #1
Hobbyist Songwriter

Howdy all! Looking for fellow hobbyists to collaborate with

Hello everyone!

My name is Bryan J Emerson and I am a hobbyist songwriter.

I write mostly Scripture paraphrase or Scripture explication songs, and while I am "proficient" in vocals, acoustic guitar, bass guitar, and electric rhythm guitar; I do not consider myself to be a "musician" or "vocalist".

I am actually wanting to find other hobbyists who would be interested in forming an internet band of sorts. Now, before we get any further, I must say that I have no money and am not looking to "hire" musicians. I am looking to build mutually beneficial relationships that will lead to better quality demos than any of us could do on our own. Also, I want to better glorify God through community and excellence, and I want to enjoy the process and have fun.

If this sounds like something you would like to get involved with, please post here what instrument(s) you play and link a song that shows your capabilities. If you are a songwriter, don't hesitate to post here as well.

You can find me on soundcloud if you are interested in seeing what I have done so far. I consider my acoustic guitar and rhythm electric to be my better instrument capabilities to contribute, though I am not good at any sort of lead/runs or anything of that sort.

Lastly, I use Garage Band as my DAW, but I have problems with the exporting process. What I typically do is save individual tracks and upload each to a google drive folder that I can share. these files can then be downloaded as m4a/mp3 and uploaded as individual tracks in your DAW to be used as reference or added to the final product. This can all be worked out later though.

Thanks for reading! And if there is a separate place on these forums for this post, I apologize and please feel free to direct me to the proper place.

Grace and Peace

Bryan J Emerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 05-25-2016, 03:24 PM   #2
Deets Go Here

Welcome to CGR! It's always good to have another musician and songwriter around here.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer.
Your mother appears to have been infected by Kentl.
bravesfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2016, 12:44 PM   #3
Hipper Than Thou
Administrator

I would be interested in collaborating but I don't have the recording equipment.
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote