Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-22-2016, 01:57 PM   #1

Axe FX

So I'm pondering a switch to the fractal audio AxeFX or their new AX8 system. I've been gigging a lot more, and the reduction in gear would be really nice. Additionally being able to run direct direct into our PA would be nice, and the ability to switch to a patch with a different amp sound would be amazing. I play with an 80's cover band, and we cover a variety of 80's genres. A couple of guitarists I play with use them, and they sound absolutely amazing. Traditionally I've seen them used in high situations, but I've heard these guys recently play them and nail the low gain edge of breakup that everyone idolizes. Thoughts? I think I could sell my gear and break even, or at least come close.

Acoustic:
Guitars: Carvin C750TS, Alvarez RD8C
Pedals: Korg Pitchblack, MXR 10-Band EQ, BarberTone Compressor, Visual Sound GarageTone Tremolo, Nova Delay, Radial Jensen DI

Quality transactions with: Gaetano Paul, Chocolate Bear, S.B. Nichols, Almost Enough, relient nelson, snizzle
ibanez_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 05-22-2016, 02:02 PM   #2

I currently have a nice pedal rig, but I'm tired of maintaining so much gear. The knobs get bumped in transit, a couple of the cables are starting to go. It sounds killer, but it's kind of a 1 sound setup too.

Acoustic:
Guitars: Carvin C750TS, Alvarez RD8C
Pedals: Korg Pitchblack, MXR 10-Band EQ, BarberTone Compressor, Visual Sound GarageTone Tremolo, Nova Delay, Radial Jensen DI

Quality transactions with: Gaetano Paul, Chocolate Bear, S.B. Nichols, Almost Enough, relient nelson, snizzle
ibanez_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2016, 04:47 PM   #3
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
The Fractal stuff is supposed to be the best modeling stuff on the market. I've heard a ton of goodness about the Line6 Helix as well.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2016, 07:09 PM   #4
Tired of being attacked

Not very user friendly interface on the ax-8. I tried it and returned it. Tonally, excellent, but too much tweaking and a harsh learning curve.

My Life.
BillSPrestonEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2016, 07:45 AM   #5

That was my gripe. Not user friendly enough. I like the eleven rack better. I think someone on here had one for sale. It's definitely worth a shot. I ran mine with a blue sky in the effects loop and it was really cool.
jwbrownlula is offline   Reply With Quote