Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-01-2016, 02:53 PM   #1

So I posted recently that it was time for a 2nd Strat. My Gibson ES137 has a neck that feels too chunky for the stuff my 80's band is playing. My Strat had the perfect neck, but I wanted something with humbuckers. I started doing some research, of course my local GC had a bunch of guitars that just weren't setup properly to make a judgement on them. In addition, the stock Fender humbuckers sounded way too thin for my taste. Well, I walked into a local mom 'n pop guitar shop here in Sacramento, and instead of doing research, I walked out with this beautiful axe. I usually go for American strats, but this Mexican one plays like butter, and it has a pair of DiMarzio's in it. It has some serious bite to it, but it cleans up real well. I got the chance to break it in with my 80's band and with the worship team this morning, sounds amazing.

Now my blue Strat has a friend to play with ☺️. The picture doesn't show well, but it's a bright red matte finish. I think I've discovered that in terms of neck feel, I will always be a Strat guy.
Attached Thumbnails
image-928385845.jpg  

Acoustic:
Guitars: Carvin C750TS, Alvarez RD8C
Pedals: Korg Pitchblack, MXR 10-Band EQ, BarberTone Compressor, Visual Sound GarageTone Tremolo, Nova Delay, Radial Jensen DI

Quality transactions with: Gaetano Paul, Chocolate Bear, S.B. Nichols, Almost Enough, relient nelson, snizzle
ibanez_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 05-01-2016, 02:55 PM   #2

Sweet. DiMarizios are nice. Congrats. The red looks great too.