Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-13-2016, 08:55 AM   #1
on rye
 
Reuben's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2002
Location: The Old Dominion
Posts: 1,903
Standalone Batman movie (2018)

Ben Affleck Confirmed to Direct and Star in Stand-Alone Batman Movie

Well, here's hoping he reigns in his murdering streak...

I see people clamoring for Red Hood, but I don't even know how you can do that story now given Batman's killing in BvS.

We shall see what we shall see, I guess.

On another note, I'm extremely amused that in 2013, when Affleck was cast as Batman, there was a collective fanboy meltdown of epic proportions.

Now he's set to act in and direct his own Batman movie and it's the best news anyone's ever heard.

The comic community is a strange and fickle lot.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 04-13-2016, 05:45 PM   #2
|Last of the Gang to Die|
 
TheProdigalModern's Avatar
 

Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Archbishopric of Arkansas
Posts: 2,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben
Now he's set to act in and direct his own Batman movie and it's the best news anyone's ever heard.

The comic community is a strange and fickle lot.
Affleck is a pretty good director, though. The general consensus is BvS was bad at least in part because of who was at the helm.
__________________
Disclaimer: Any posts made before Nov. 2010 reflect vastly different stages of my life. I repent for all of them. I am sure this is not the last time I will say it.

[My CGR Blog]

CGR: The Decimation
[A chronicle of CGR's timestream disruption and eventual redemption]
TheProdigalModern is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2016, 06:05 PM   #3
Moderator
 
Sean's Avatar
 

Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 23,760
Send a message via AIM to Sean Send a message via MSN to Sean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
Ben Affleck Confirmed to Direct and Star in Stand-Alone Batman Movie

Well, here's hoping he reigns in his murdering streak...

I see people clamoring for Red Hood, but I don't even know how you can do that story now given Batman's killing in BvS.

We shall see what we shall see, I guess.

On another note, I'm extremely amused that in 2013, when Affleck was cast as Batman, there was a collective fanboy meltdown of epic proportions.

Now he's set to act in and direct his own Batman movie and it's the best news anyone's ever heard.

The comic community is a strange and fickle lot.
I was never negative of Batflect. He's done a great job redesigning his career. He screwed up in the early 00s. And he fixed it.

He's known as an actor, but he's oscar winning writer and director. He's the real deal.
__________________
FIND ME ONLINE

Modern Ministry Blog | My thoughts on life and faith
The Sean Chandler Blog | My thoughts on culture and politics
YouTube | My thoughts on movies and TV
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2016, 07:48 AM   #4
Old School
Administrator
 
Leboman's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Geezerville
Posts: 55,916
I just can't get excited about it. I still don't want to see BvS.
__________________
Nothing (Without You)
Nothing (Without You) on YouTube
Granville Center Church of Christ Sermons
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2016, 05:52 PM   #5
Moderator
 
Sean's Avatar
 

Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 23,760
Send a message via AIM to Sean Send a message via MSN to Sean
Batfleck is the best thing in the movie, You should be excited about this,
__________________
FIND ME ONLINE

Modern Ministry Blog | My thoughts on life and faith
The Sean Chandler Blog | My thoughts on culture and politics
YouTube | My thoughts on movies and TV
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2016, 06:59 PM   #6
Person
 
to_be_released's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Batfleck is the best thing in the movie, You should be excited about this,
It interests me more than BvS, which I have no plans to watch.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProdigalModern View Post
"Don't worry," to_be_released said. "I'm in the future, and I know what will happen."
to_be_released is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2016, 09:49 PM   #7
...more machine than man.
 
S.B.Nichols's Avatar
 

Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Melissa, TX
Posts: 3,303
Has he directed an action movie? That would be my one concern. Past that, Affleck and this Batman really was the best part of BvS, a stand alone film A) is to be expected, and B) will probably be just fine.

I guess we'll see a little more of him in Suicide Squad.
__________________
"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important." - C.S. Lewis

Add me on FaceBook

S.B.Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2016, 06:22 AM   #8
Moderator
 
Sean's Avatar
 

Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 23,760
Send a message via AIM to Sean Send a message via MSN to Sean
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Nichols View Post
Has he directed an action movie? That would be my one concern. Past that, Affleck and this Batman really was the best part of BvS, a stand alone film A) is to be expected, and B) will probably be just fine.

I guess we'll see a little more of him in Suicide Squad.
He's directed three movies which were all great. One is about a kidnapped girl, one is a crime thriller, and one is a movie set in a war setting (and it won Best Picture). He hasn't done action, but he's done crime.

But I would take all of that as a plus. We don't need another big spectacle Batman movie. What we're missing is the world's greatest detective. If he works on the story and he called up his buddy Zach to do the fight scenes, that would be a cool movie.


Ben Affleck is an Oscar winning screen writer. He has directed a film which won Best Picture. Him not getting nominated for best director for Argo is one of the weirdest moments in Oscar history. He literally WON every other best director award you can get, won Best Picture, and for some bizarre reason they skipped him over for the Best Director nomination. This guy is obviously a better film maker than actor, and I don't really have any complaints about his acting since he screwed his head on right.
__________________
FIND ME ONLINE

Modern Ministry Blog | My thoughts on life and faith
The Sean Chandler Blog | My thoughts on culture and politics
YouTube | My thoughts on movies and TV
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2017, 02:47 PM   #9
on rye
 
Reuben's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2002
Location: The Old Dominion
Posts: 1,903
Ben Affleck is writing and directing The Batman

Ben Affleck has a script!

Ben Affleck doesn't have a script!

Ben Affleck does have a script!

Ben Affleck might not direct The Batman anymore!

Ben Affleck: "Of course I'm directing The Batman! Relax!"

Ben Affleck: "Yeah, I'm not directing The Batman anymore."

Matt Reeves in talks to direct The Batman!

Negotiations on hold between WB and Matt Reeves!

Ben Affleck wants out of the DCEU!

It’s Official! Matt Reeves Will Direct The Batman!

GOOD. STINKIN'. GRIEF.

Anyway, this latest news ought to be good for at least a week before the story changes again. Sheesh.
Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2017, 06:44 PM   #10
Art
Superfly.
Administrator
 
Art's Avatar
 

Joined: May 2002
Location: Northern California
Posts: 41,572
paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
I was never negative of Batflect. He's done a great job redesigning his career. He screwed up in the early 00s. And he fixed it.

He's known as an actor, but he's oscar winning writer and director. He's the real deal.
I really feel like the screw ups were pretty much his choices of projects. He associated himself with the wrong things. He has, in my opinion, made one heck of a comeback from that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Nichols View Post
Has he directed an action movie? That would be my one concern. Past that, Affleck and this Batman really was the best part of BvS, a stand alone film A) is to be expected, and B) will probably be just fine.

I guess we'll see a little more of him in Suicide Squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
He's directed three movies which were all great. One is about a kidnapped girl, one is a crime thriller, and one is a movie set in a war setting (and it won Best Picture). He hasn't done action, but he's done crime.

But I would take all of that as a plus. We don't need another big spectacle Batman movie. What we're missing is the world's greatest detective. If he works on the story and he called up his buddy Zach to do the fight scenes, that would be a cool movie.


Ben Affleck is an Oscar winning screen writer. He has directed a film which won Best Picture. Him not getting nominated for best director for Argo is one of the weirdest moments in Oscar history. He literally WON every other best director award you can get, won Best Picture, and for some bizarre reason they skipped him over for the Best Director nomination. This guy is obviously a better film maker than actor, and I don't really have any complaints about his acting since he screwed his head on right.
The Town had a lot of action, though I know it was not a straight up action movie. That alone gives me a fair amount of confidence that he could pull off an action film. He is a fantastic director. I'm actually a little bummed that he's not directing, though I'm not mad at Matt Reeves.
__________________
Flickr.
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2017, 07:26 PM   #11
on rye
 
Reuben's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2002
Location: The Old Dominion
Posts: 1,903
Matt Reeves Confirms The Batman Is Starting Over From Scratch

This all sounds great, tbh.
Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:04 AM.


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2