Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Technology
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-23-2016, 10:57 AM   #1
is still learning...

Google Forms

I've been asked/tasked with setting up a Google form to be used in conjunction with our Vacation Bible School registration. We intend to post it on our church's website. Previously we've used a link to the vendors site, but that proved rather cumbersome to retrieve the data in a way the staff wanted.

I was wondering if anyone else had used this feature of Google, and what tips might make it work best. Specifically I was wondering how the registration data could be retrieved by multiple people. My current understanding is, you would log into your Google account, access google drive, and view responses. I was wondering if those responses could be automatically emailed to another email address. Usually the data is by default displayed in a spreadsheet form, but I believe our staff would like to view/print the forms in an individual form fashion. That way those forms are ready for parents/guardians to sign when dropping off children the first night of VBS.

Any advice would be most appreciated! Thanks.

TunerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 02-23-2016, 11:03 AM   #2
\_(ツ)_/

It saves the data as a google sheets document (spreadsheet). You can give other people access to the results and/or the form inviting them with their gmail or sharing the link. You can also decide if they can only view, comment or modify the data
Unread 02-24-2016, 11:44 PM   #3
is still learning...

Thanks for responding. After a couple of days researching, I've found a solution that seems quite workable. I've designed the form and readied it for publishing on our website, and I will download the results into a spreadsheet which I will then use as the data point for a Word document utilizing mail-merge, so the gathered data will self populate the version of the form we can print out. A few extra steps, but just printing the version from Google drive was going to print 3 pages for each respondent. This way each will quite easily fit on one page and allow space for the parent/guardian to sign at the bottom of the form.

It's really amazing all the free tools available, and as anyone that works or volunteers around a church, being a good stewart of your resources is vital.
TunerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2016, 02:38 AM   #4
\_(ツ)_/

Indeed. I use google drive for everything now. Rarely use Microsoft Office anymore.

Glad you found a solution