Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Deeper Issues > Prayer Requests & Testimonies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-18-2016, 12:18 PM   #1
Obnoxodox

paid
Fellow who was asked to leave our church's residential community over theft

Hi all,

So there is a community of guys who live at my church (our church was formerly a convent and a bunch of guys live in what used to be the nun's rooms), and until recently there was a fellow named John living among them. Just today I asked where John was, because I hadn't seen him in awhile. It turns out he had been rifling through peoples bags during services and going through the residential community member's valuables in their rooms. We think he was dealing with a drug addiction.

Anyway, he was asked to move out and we haven't seen him at services since. Please pray that John is granted the gift of repentance and healing, and that, if possible, he finds his way back to our community to be reconciled with us. I liked him very much, he seemed like an incredibly kind, gentle man from the little I knew of him.

IsaactheSyrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 02-18-2016, 02:19 PM   #2
Deets Go Here

It's difficult to see people that we enjoy being around stumble. I'll pray for him and you.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer.
Your mother appears to have been infected by Kentl.
bravesfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2016, 03:12 PM   #3
Obnoxodox

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan007 View Post
It's difficult to see people that we enjoy being around stumble. I'll pray for him and you.
Thanks. It's really hard for me to process - this guy who was so kind to me whenever I stayed over in our guesthouse (which I do fairly often), brought me tea and sat up and chatted with me - I can't imagine him being the sort of guy who would steal from people...

Lord, have mercy.

IsaactheSyrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2016, 09:56 AM   #4
Old School
Administrator

May God watch over him.

May he turn his face back towards God and receive the grace and mercy that is waiting for him.
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote