Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Sports & Outdoors
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-19-2016, 10:56 AM   #1

Weightlifting

I am in the process of rehabbing an injury in my back. My L5 slid forward on my S1 due to bilateral fractures on the little bones that hold it in place. I was told by 2 neurosurgeons I needed a fusion. Yesterday I deadlifted heavy for the first time since injury. Maxed at 365 which is a ways from what I used to do but really awesome for a guy who couldn't even jog to the mailbox less than a year ago. I felt God tell me he would heal me in church one day so even though those little bones are destroyed I'm convinced I'll be stronger than ever. Just wanted to see who else trained in here.

jwbrownlula is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-19-2016, 02:25 PM   #2

As I type this on my phone, I am sitting on an examination table waiting for the surgeon to come in. I had a knee injury at work 4 1/2 years ago that sent me through 5 different surgeries to try to completely reconstruct it.
One of the best things that I did for rehab wad to start lifting again. My best dead lift was 360 a few weeks ago.
My problems aren't when I strain my knee but when I relax it...it slips out of joint.
God had done great things with my knee and he truly is good. 4 years ago was a milestone when I finally got to put the crutches down after a little over 6 months.
R1ridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2016, 06:35 PM   #3

dude that's awesome!
Unread 01-21-2016, 04:05 PM   #4

Deep squats with 225 day before yesterday. Rest day yesterday. Going to hit some rope climbs, hanging leg raises, reverse crunches and glute bridges today.
Unread 01-26-2016, 08:25 PM   #5

The manager of the gym I have been going to offered me a job coaching the crossfit classes 4 nights a week. God is awesome!
Unread 01-27-2016, 04:22 AM   #6
and you were wondering??
Administrator

paid
I've had about a five week rest day, haha.

Finally back home and can get back to the gym. Nothing worse than trying to build back what has been lost....

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Uptown Thrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2016, 08:26 AM   #7

You're telling me. It's defeating to realize how much you've lost. But there's only one way to get back.
Unread 01-28-2016, 07:50 PM   #8

Hit a bar muscle up tonight. After rope climbs and pullups. It's good to feel good again. I'm so grateful God has brought me back to here. I didn't think I would ever lift heavy again, and was at peace with it. It was hard at first, it felt like I lost my identity, and then I realized it was a good thing. My identity was in the wrong spot.
Unread 02-02-2016, 02:01 PM   #9

Deadlift day. Time to get queasy.
Unread 02-02-2016, 11:10 PM   #10
Ax
Rabid Wombat

I just got to the point where I can do pushups again after being injured. I think I'm going to try to work out my chest and shoulders tomorrow. Should be a good test. It was my shoulder/neck that was hurt.

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2016, 06:39 AM   #11

I think anyone who lifts should see a PT about every 3 months to check them out. I used to have a bad burn in between my shoulder blades when I tried to do anything that caused the shoulder blades to come together. A little myofascial release and it hasn't come back.
Unread 02-07-2016, 04:16 PM   #12

Start teaching crossfit this next week. I used to do crossfit, but see it as more of a sport than a legit program for anyone, especially beginners. It's a good gut check though, I did fran the other night, and almost puked. I guess it's not so much crossfit that I don't see as a legit program, as it's just crosstraining, but some things like rebounding box jumps, or heavy lifts observed by someone who took a weekend class to be dangerous imo.
Unread 02-25-2016, 11:30 AM   #13

I did a workout before class the other night. 5 rounds 1 min each 185 lb deadlift push-ups and knee to elbows. Sore is not the word for how I feel. I did 5 sets of back squats beforehand to get in some strength work.
Unread 03-21-2016, 01:35 AM   #14
and you were wondering??
Administrator

paid
Just started taking my training seriously again.

Hadn't had any supplements for a while. Picked up some creatine. My workouts are muchbmore intense now. Feel way more energized.

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Uptown Thrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2016, 06:57 AM   #15

We've not been able to buy supplements for the past couple months trying to get our business up. I did have 10 lbs of syntha 6 protein to work with though so I guess all I would have bought is creatine and maybe some cla, or fish oil. I can now go from planche to handstand. Back to being able to do barbell rollouts too. Overall my lifts are down a little but my core strength is going through the roof for me.