Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Vocals & Other Instruments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-16-2016, 09:02 PM   #1
Official CGR Jedi Master

Tuning/repairing pianos

Ok, so I've taken up a hobby.

It all started when we got around to having our living room piano tuned. It was darn awful, and it turned out that it needed a little more than tuning.

After a three-hour workover, our technician replaced all the front rail bushings, some bridle straps, tuned the piano, and even glued some ivories back on. Oh and we made the soft pedals work.

Since we've had the woodstoves roaring, the piano fell out of tune again and I'm expecting an shipment for a tuning kit and a tuner. I'm looking forward to this project! I've been working on a friend's piano (fixing/tuning once I get the tuning supplies and practice on my piano) and it's really fun. I might make it a small portion of income while I'm at college.

Has anybody else tuned/fixed pianos and do you have any tips/suggestions of what to do or what not to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe View Post
This is Giuseppes daily reminder to CPFers that you are super awesome and God has a plan for you

*high five*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leboman View Post
The frequency with which I use the phrase "blows my mind" is directly proportional to the amount of time I spend seriously reading the Bible.
Laguna Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links