Sponsored Links
Unread 02-01-2016, 08:09 PM   #62
Old School
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slap_j View Post
Go UNC.
Apparently they didn't get the message.

They suck more than their record indicates.

You'd think I'd be happy with only three losses at this point but they are playing horrible ball right now.
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2016, 11:41 PM   #63
is still learning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Lebomanus View Post
Apparently they didn't get the message.

They suck more than their record indicates.

You'd think I'd be happy with only three losses at this point but they are playing horrible ball right now.
Well, to brighten your day; Dook fell out of the AP top 25 for the first time in 8 years.

Don't get me wrong, I believe Duke will be back and ready to go, but I know Tar Heel fans can sometimes enjoy it when the rich kids down the road are struggling a bit
TunerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2016, 07:08 AM   #64
Old School
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerSteve View Post
Well, to brighten your day; Dook fell out of the AP top 25 for the first time in 8 years.

Don't get me wrong, I believe Duke will be back and ready to go, but I know Tar Heel fans can sometimes enjoy it when the rich kids down the road are struggling a bit
If that kid doesn't heal up soon, Duke runs the risk of staying out of the top 25. They are not deep at all.

UNC has players and has skill...they just lack intensity.

Not good at all.
Unread 02-03-2016, 09:05 PM   #65
Old School
Administrator

It sucks to be a ranked team this season doesn't it?
Unread 02-03-2016, 09:22 PM   #66
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
It sucks to be a ranked team this season doesn't it?

A d A s t r a P e r A l a s P o r c i
slap_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2016, 10:01 AM   #67
Old School
Administrator

I am convinced that there are five or six teams that can get hot at the right moment and win it all. The rankings don't mean squat right now. I haven't seen one team that makes me go, "Oh yeah, they're the team to beat."

I can't believe that I am so frustrated with UNC right now. If you had told me before the season that they'd be 19-3 and first in the ACC at this point, I would have been tickled. Why then, am I so disappointed?

Unread 02-04-2016, 11:23 PM   #68
is still learning...

Quote:
I am convinced that there are five or six teams that can get hot at the right moment and win it all. The rankings don't mean squat right now. I haven't seen one team that makes me go, "Oh yeah, they're the team to beat."

I can't believe that I am so frustrated with UNC right now. If you had told me before the season that they'd be 19-3 and first in the ACC at this point, I would have been tickled. Why then, am I so disappointed?

I totally agree with everything you posted and concur except for substituting KU for UNC. Our lack of consistency and a true leader under the rim leaves me expecting a bow out in the round of 32 again. I know expectations can be high, but I believe true fans can also see the blemishes within their own teams, and know that your "big name" program will garner a higher seed than you actually deserve. This could be a year where a 10-12 seed crashed into the Final Four in March.
Unread 02-05-2016, 08:51 AM   #69
Old School
Administrator

Quote:
I totally agree with everything you posted and concur except for substituting KU for UNC. Our lack of consistency and a true leader under the rim leaves me expecting a bow out in the round of 32 again. I know expectations can be high, but I believe true fans can also see the blemishes within their own teams, and know that your "big name" program will garner a higher seed than you actually deserve. This could be a year where a 10-12 seed crashed into the Final Four in March.
Could this be the year a #1 seed finally loses in the first round? Given the way some times are playing right now...it would NOT surprise me at all.
Unread 02-05-2016, 03:05 PM   #70
is still learning...

Quote:
Could this be the year a #1 seed finally loses in the first round? Given the way some times are playing right now...it would NOT surprise me at all.
Could very well be true; might be a good year to slip down the rankings, and come in as a 2 or 3 seed Maybe that's what Kentucky is doing, it's all Coach Cal's plan to play the underdog role ha ha
Unread 02-08-2016, 11:15 AM   #71
is still learning...

Who is going to be ranked #1

No one seems to want that hung around their neck right now. Oklahoma goes down at K-State last week, NC upset,...I truly can't ever remember a season like this one in all my years of following NCAA basketball.

Kansas hosts West Virginia on Tuesday, and I'm not confident whatsoever, even though we are at home where we've won nearly 40 straight games currently.
Unread 02-08-2016, 06:22 PM   #72
Old School
Administrator

Quote:
Who is going to be ranked #1

No one seems to want that hung around their neck right now. Oklahoma goes down at K-State last week, NC upset,...I truly can't ever remember a season like this one in all my years of following NCAA basketball.

Kansas hosts West Virginia on Tuesday, and I'm not confident whatsoever, even though we are at home where we've won nearly 40 straight games currently.
I have just now sat down at the computer. I haven't even looked at the rankings. I don't think I even want to.
Unread 02-10-2016, 11:32 PM   #73
is still learning...

LSU loses again, which makes it possible going forward that one of the best players in college bb, Simmons may not be in the NCAA tourney. That would be a shame! I don't get the chance to catch too many games outside of my region, and he certainly is fun to watch whenever I get the chance.

KU at Oklahoma on Saturday, setting up the likely winner of the Big XII conference race. Hoping for another great game, but certainly don't expect another triple OT thriller.
Unread 02-17-2016, 10:33 AM   #74
Old School
Administrator

UNC and Duke tonight.

I honestly don't know what to expect from this game. I'm going to have to try and find an internet stream and watch here in the office.

Honestly though, this is the first time in several seasons where my nerves aren't totally shot on game day. Every year I seem to care a little less. That does two things: it keeps my blood pressure down and it lets me just enjoy the games for what they are...games.
Unread 02-17-2016, 11:52 AM   #75
is still learning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leboman View Post
UNC and Duke tonight.

I honestly don't know what to expect from this game. I'm going to have to try and find an internet stream and watch here in the office.

Honestly though, this is the first time in several seasons where my nerves aren't totally shot on game day. Every year I seem to care a little less. That does two things: it keeps my blood pressure down and it lets me just enjoy the games for what they are...games.
Amen brother. I reached that point about ten or fifteen years ago. I'm a huge KC Chiefs fan, and I would let whether they win or lose destroy my day sometimes. Finally came to understand how childish that was, and began to enjoy all sports for the entertainment value that they are intended to be. It also allows me to enjoy games more when I don't have a favorite team playing in the match.

Go Tarheels!