Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Amps & Effects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-26-2015, 06:36 PM   #31
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leboman View Post
Zeppelin and AC/DC would be as heavy as I want to get. That's why I was thinking Marshall...especially if I get the Les Paul with P90s.

Like I said...I want Jeff Lynne's "dirty" tone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3r-y_oAra0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiGYiimpPUA

The sound on Don't Bring Me Down IS a Les Paul through a Marshall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9nkzaOPP6g
Just for the record, after listening to all of those, I could do them with a frenzel 800 style preamp. I concur with ax the night train would be worth looking at, but the orange amps have a distinctive sound that I don't associate with the clips you have mentioned.

The frenzel would be my choice, but I am highly biased as a frenzel owner. I need to check something out...

My Life.
BillSPrestonEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 12-26-2015, 07:54 PM   #32
Ax
Rabid Wombat

I just made the attached MP3. All I did was play my partscaster with wolfetone P90s into my rangemaster clone full bore, into my night train. I had to play at a pretty low volume so you'll have to turn your speakers up. I think I came pretty close, at least from memory. I also did a little Queen at the end.

Excuse the playing, I didn't even rehearse this for more than a minute. This is all from memory and I don't play either of these songs that often.
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 quickanddirtydemo.mp3 (616.4 KB, 11 views)

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2015, 07:57 PM   #33

The night Train is a nice amp
jwbrownlula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2015, 08:15 PM   #34
Ax
Rabid Wombat

In other news, I've been listening to ELO for the last several minutes. I'll use any excuse I can get. Really, I don't need an excuse to listen to ELO. <3 I love you RoleModlin. Merry Christmas, a day late.

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2016, 08:25 AM   #35

I ran a Marshall preset for 2 songs yesterday on my pod xt rack thingy, with the facial fuzz and a digital delay. Wouldn't have thought of it before, but it was outstanding for what I needed
I think it was the jtm 45 or the silver jubilee model.
Unread 01-26-2016, 10:18 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbrownlula View Post
I ran a Marshall preset for 2 songs yesterday on my pod xt rack thingy, with the facial fuzz and a digital delay. Wouldn't have thought of it before, but it was outstanding for what I needed
I think it was the jtm 45 or the silver jubilee model.
I've been working on a couple recordings with my HD500 using the Brit 800 and Fuzz Pi as my rhythm sound
aljb17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2016, 11:00 AM   #37

I really dig it. It's a mid heavy tone that even when playing up high on the neck where the tele is usually super bright and almost too much it feels like it's perfect. I usually play with the matchless models or a fender deluxe reverb model but they didn't sound right for what I wanted. One more reason I will never go back to an amp. I can cover so much variety, and that's important to the sounds I want to create