Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Christian Music
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-06-2015, 06:41 AM   #1
Lo, He comes...

paid
Punk rock hymns to support Christians in Syria!

Hey all. You should read this article:

The unbroken circle: Former monk records punk hymns for Syria

Justin Marler, a former atheist/non-Christian/secular whateveryouwannacall him metalhead who was incredibly successful, and who came to Christ through some soul searching that led to him entering an Orthodox monastery, and who now lives in Austin, TX, has released a an album full of amazing punk hymns. Proceeds from album sales are to be donated to the Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of Bosra-Hauran in southern Syria (it actually runs through the disputed Golan Heights border with Israel, which is one of the problems they face as a church community), under the authority of Archbishop SABA. Most (something like 90%) of those who claim the name of Christian in Syria belong to the Antiochian Orthodox Church, and Marler himself attends an Antiochian church in Austin, St. Elias', that has a lot of people from Syria - as he says in the article, he's just a handshake away from someone who knows someone who has really suffered for Christ. These folks are doing their best to minister to the spiritual needs of their congregations who remain in Syria, pay their clergy and their families, reach out to their neighbors through running a kindergarten for little children (most of whom aren't Christian), and provide medical care to all who need, and food boxes to those who are in most dire need of nutrition.

(Also cool: these folks trace their origins back to the evangelization of St. Timon, one of the seven Deacons chosen by the Apostles in Acts 6:5)

Anyway, there are samples of the album linked in the above article - you can buy the album on iTunes - just search for "Hymns for the Apocalypse". If you'd prefer to order a hard copy, you can do so here.

The album's pretty awesome, you won't regret buying it and it's for a good cause.

Here's the link to read about the program through with the proceeds will be donated to our brothers and sisters in Bosra-Hauran.

Thanks for reading!

Lo! How a rose e'er blooming from tender stem hath sprung,
Of Jesse's lineage coming, as seers of old hath sung,
It came a flower bright, amid the cold of winter,
When half-spent was the night.

Isaiah t'was foretold it, the rose I have in mind,
With Mary we behold it, the Virgin Mother kind,
To show God's love aright, she bore to us a Saviour,
When half-spent was the night.

O flower whose fragrance tender with gladness fills the air,
Dispel with glorious speldour the darkness everywhere,
True man, yet very God! From sin and death He saves us,
And lightens every load.

Last edited by IsaactheSyrian; 12-06-2015 at 05:12 PM.
IsaactheSyrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 12-07-2015, 12:33 PM   #2
Hipper Than Thou
Administrator

Dude (I know...45 year old men should not say Dude) this is amazing.
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote