Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Amps & Effects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-03-2015, 09:35 AM   #1

Delay and overdrive pod xt

I have been trying to get this thing dialed in. I have some really good tones but it's not easy. I can't find an overdrive in there that plays well with a deluxe reverb model, and the delays are less then stellar. I did find a pre and post setting for the delay which helped a bunch to put it in post. Any other ideas that I might be overlooking?

jwbrownlula is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 12-03-2015, 12:22 PM   #2
Arnold Palmers FTW

Send a message via AIM to jamforchrist123 Send a message via Skype™ to jamforchrist123
Those things can be hard to dial in. When I had one years ago I remember spending a lot of time finding good OD/amp combos. Sometimes just ditching the OD completely and using the amp overdrive. Fun stuff!
jamforchrist123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2015, 12:40 PM   #3
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamforchrist123 View Post
just ditching the OD completely and using the amp overdrive. Fun stuff!
That would be my suggestion, also, don't necessarily put too much stock in the models sounding like the actual amp. Some insane combos that would be impossible or sound awful in analog amps somehow work with the POD.

My Life.
BillSPrestonEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2015, 12:57 PM   #4

I'm thinking I'll just split it up into clean and dirty patches. I did actually think that one of the fuzzes was really nice in front of a hiwatt. I found the ac30 model to sound horrible with the strat while the matchless and hiwatt sounded really good. The deluxe reverb is really nice too. 3 years ago I would have given this thing away because it isn't easy to dial in but the more I play with it the more amazed I am how good it can sound
Unread 12-04-2015, 06:06 AM   #5

Whats the signal chain in POD XT? I find in my HD500 that the delay is best at the end after the Amp/Cab sim,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSPrestonEsq View Post
That would be my suggestion, also, don't necessarily put too much stock in the models sounding like the actual amp. Some insane combos that would be impossible or sound awful in analog amps somehow work with the POD.
^^what he said,

Can you add Expression pedals to the XT? I couldn't find anything I liked in front of the AC30 so I went out and got a second expression pedal and set it up to adjust the gain on the amp, It's a nice seemless transition from clean to dirty, Sounds kinda awesome when you put a bit of chug on the clean chords at the end of a verse and transition into a big overdriven chords for the chorus
aljb17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2015, 09:14 AM   #6

As far as I can tell you can't move the effects. Maybe with the software but it is pretty rudimentary. That's one thing I like...it can be a little frustrating but it's so simple compared to the 500x that I had. I will probably upgrade to an eleven rack first chance I get or maybe axe fx depending on how this next year goes. I'm sold on modeling though.
Unread 12-05-2015, 04:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbrownlula View Post
As far as I can tell you can't move the effects. Maybe with the software but it is pretty rudimentary. That's one thing I like...it can be a little frustrating but it's so simple compared to the 500x that I had. I will probably upgrade to an eleven rack first chance I get or maybe axe fx depending on how this next year goes. I'm sold on modeling though.
An AXE FX has been on my radar for a bit and they pop up locally used every couple weeks, Or I might pick up a Line 6 Helix
Unread 12-07-2015, 11:08 AM   #8

Line 6 | Helix

Can't lie and say I was just guessing on this. The helix is legit according to this.
Unread 12-08-2015, 03:55 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbrownlula View Post
Line 6 | Helix

Can't lie and say I was just guessing on this. The helix is legit according to this.
The back lit labels on the stomp switches that change patch to patch sold me, no more memory work for each patch