Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Classified Ads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-24-2015, 12:52 PM   #1
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Terminus Guitar Company Limited Time Pickup Sale!

So, I got my pickup winder set up last night. Yup, it's set up, and it's pretty freaking sweet, I'll post up some pics and videos of it later. So, I'm going to give you an opportunity to get some hand wound pickups at next to nothing (comparatively)!

Basically I need help funding research and practice. And since you don't know what my pickups are going to sound like, I have a proposal, I will give you two options for you to get your own custom, handwound pickups. I will send you recordings with your pickups before I send them out, however, so if you think they sound like crap, I'll re-wind them for you.

You can either buy them at a preset price OR...

You can purchase a pickup kit and cover or parts by part from somewhere like StewMac or MojoTone, and have them shipped to me, and send me 15 dollars for the first pickup and 5 dollars for each successive pickup up to 3. (You can order more than 3 but you'll have to start over at the 15 )

What you're buying is basically the parts to a pickup and very little more. The kits from these places do not come with wax, coil wire, tape, hot glue, solder, and other little things that go into making a pickup. That is what the extra is for. To be fair, the majority of that is the coil wire. It's about 30 bucks per pound from some sources, which will do about 10 single coils. Since I'm fairly new to this, I suspect there's a decent chance I'll have to scrap the wire and re-wind some coils.

I also need a few tools like a jig to magnetize pole pieces. So! Help Terminus (dshields89 and myself) develop our pickups.

Prices for pickups just ordering from us are as follows:
Looking at the materials, it looks like I can do:
Stratocaster: $25/pickup (75 for a set of 3)
Telecaster: $25 Neck, $30 Bridge
Mini humbucker: 40
Firebird Humbucker: 45
Humbucker: 40, or 50 with metal cover.
P-90: 40

PS, I'll be re-winding a couple P-90s over the next few days as well as some mexican strat pickups. 30 for the two P-90s and 40 for the 3 Strat pups. The P90s come with either black or cream covers (the cream say AXL on them). The Strat pups come with black covers.

Offer Ends Dec 31. (2015 obv.)

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 11-24-2015, 01:59 PM   #2
Ax
Rabid Wombat

First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.

Public Blog

Unread 01-10-2016, 11:27 PM   #3
Leaning on GRACE

Send a message via Skype™ to Gaetano Paul
PM'd
Unread 01-10-2016, 11:28 PM   #4
Leaning on GRACE

Send a message via Skype™ to Gaetano Paul
Pickups

Hey man do you have, or can you wind a set of P bass pickups?
Unread 01-13-2016, 01:01 PM   #5
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Hmm..... I didn't receive your PM, weird.

I don't know what's involved off the top of my head, I'll look into it later tonight.

Current Rig:

Public Blog

Unread 01-13-2016, 10:23 PM   #6
Ax
Rabid Wombat

28 per pickup.

Current Rig:

Public Blog